Drawer Replacement from the factory?

We've taken our 1st casualty tour our 2015 Heartland Oakmont 375QB. One of the drawers in the back bunk room wasn't fully closed when we pulled our slides in -- smash.

The front of the drawer looks great but the sides are now cracked and split. I'm planning to be near the factory in Elkhart on 12-13 July. Is this something that can be replaced?

Many thanks
Chris and Stacey Newell
christopher.a.newell@icloud.com

danemayer

Hi Chris and Stacey,

You can get a replacement drawer from Heartland Parts, but they may have to make it - they probably don't stock parts like that. So there may be a few weeks lead time. You'll want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. I'd also suggest taking measurements along with a couple of clear pictures that show the drawer and the finish on the front. I'm sure you can get them to hold it for pickup.

Garypowell

We crushed a Cabinet door early into our ownership. I called and HL and asked how to buy a replacement door. I was told they allowed one mistake and sent me the door for free. Next mistake would be on me.

This is was in early 2013 so policy might be different now.

But it I have always appreciated HL customer service.

danemayer

We crushed a Cabinet door early into our ownership. I called and HL and asked how to buy a replacement door. I was told they allowed one mistake and sent me the door for free. Next mistake would be on me.

This is was in early 2013 so policy might be different now.

But it I have always appreciated HL customer service.

Gary, you must have a silver tongue.

Garypowell

Dan. Thanks for the compliment! I see many people who write in that say Heartland is not helpful. You can tell by the way they write they are angry and blame HL for stuff that is really not their fault.

i have been amazed what I have gotten in my life by asking nice and humble.

PATSTMAG

I had the same thing happen on the first day we owned it, the sales person did not fully close the drawer. When we open the slides it ripped the drawer out, It has been since April of this year and Giant RV still has not fixed it. Hopefully the factory will fix it for you.

danemayer

I had the same thing happen on the first day we owned it, the sales person did not fully close the drawer. When we open the slides it ripped the drawer out, It has been since April of this year and Giant RV still has not fixed it. Hopefully the factory will fix it for you.
Hi PATSTMAG,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Sorry to hear about the damaged drawer. Why don't you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you if a new drawer has been ordered, and if so, when, and when it should be in the dealer's hands.

If the dealer needs a little help or motivation, Heartland may be able to help in that area as well.

GOTTOYS

If the front is good just go to a local cabinet shop with the pieces and have them rebuild it..Not much of a job..Don

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I once broke one of the mirrored cabinet doors in the bedroom by catching it open while extending the slide. Didn't break the mirror but tore one stile of the frame off. Took it home, repaired it, and it's better than new. Helps to have a woodworking hobby and the tools to go with it.