Led awning lights

Storm1972

Has anyone had to change their led awning lights out before? We have a 2015 cyclone 4200 with 2 separate awnings and in the last 2 weeks several bulbs in the led strips have gone out, I was just wondering what kind of a project it is to change the strips out as I have 2 on order through warranty but am going to do it myself I think because the dealers here need your trailer forever to do relatively simple work it seems. Any input would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Need two people to thread the LED strip back into the slot. The two wires are at one end. On my Big Horn it is on the right side of the awning. Not a hard job to do, but threading it onto the track needs one to gently pull as the other guides the strip into the groves. Don't need the sticky back since the LED strip fits into the groves nicely. Should take 15 minuets each.

Storm1972

Hind sight 20/20 I should have seen if I could order them in a different color

Storm1972

Another question , I've looked on eBay today, and there are several brands ect , colors and different lengths available, does anyone know whether or not those strip lights can be cut to a desired length ? My 1 awning is 18 foot 6 inch tube but the strip light in it is shorter then that, I was curious if anyone has bought these units from eBay and had any ideas towards them

Power247

I have bought several led light strips off eBay. Both waterproof and not. The ones direct from China or Hong Kong or wherever are cheaper than the ones that ship from the US but all seem to be made the same but can take forever to arrive. Every 3rd LED there is a set of contact points where you can cut the strip to fit. If you needed a longer set you would want to match up these contact points between 2 strips and solder between the tabs.

660e5118196d44e3000a2fca11aa9f5b.jpg

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Miltp920

groove 20150530_133020.jpg
I replaced mine on my 2014 Cyclone 3100 both awnings. The old one pulls out of a groove. The replacement LED strip has adhesive on the back, you just have to clean the groove, and lay the new LED strip into the groove. There is a easy connection to the power, mine was on toward the front end of the 5er on both carefree awnings. Now, a year later, my replacement LED strips are starting to have burned out lights again. This is not a good design. Good Luck. I posted pictures in this forum in 2015 under "Replaced LED awning lighting", but I do not know how to link it to this thread.

brw549

I have a 2014 BC and I have replaced this item twice. The heat and humidity in Georgia causes the paper backing to become dislodged and it begins to kink-up and bend. The breaks the connectors in the strip. I wish I could find something more solid/substantial to go in its place.