Lynx 255LX

cdramsey

Hello to all! We are researching for our first TT purchase. We looked at the Prowler Lynx 255LX today and decided that it is at the top our short list for purchase. The pricepoint is great and we love the rear living layout. Any input or experiences with it or similar, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you to all who respond in advance!!

jimtoo

Hi cdramsey,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you get that Lynx and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Hello to all! We are researching for our first TT purchase. We looked at the Prowler Lynx 255LX today and decided that it is at the top our short list for purchase. The pricepoint is great and we love the rear living layout. Any input or experiences with it or similar, would be greatly appreciated! Thank you to all who respond in advance!!

I bought the Prowler Lynx 285LX last month. Mine has the bunk beds in back where your 2 chairs are. I bought this model because my sister camps with me and I thought it would be nice for her to have a bed instead of using the dinette table folded down into bed. Turns out she hates the bunks as she feels like she's in a tomb (I guess they are better suited for kids), so she's sleeping on the dinette bed anyway.

In hindsight I probably should have got the model you did. The only thing I didn't care for was the huge windows in the back of the unit, I remember thinking I wouldn't like driving down the road where the back end is essentially glass. Seems like they should provide a cover for when traveling. Anyhow, that's just my own hangup.

I got a good deal on mine and I'm happy with it. So far my biggest irritations are:

1. The cabinet doors have the catches on top, seems like they would be better if they were on the bottom. I might move these myself.
2. The outside storage cabinet on the port side doesn't have a latch to hold the door open (due to a window being above it). I hate this because it's where I keep the hoses and it's a pain pulling them out/putting them in with the door hitting my head as I try to keep it open.
3. Whoever decided to put the bathroom plug right over the sink is a moron. I bought a cover for it.
4 Didn't come with a battery disconnect switch. This is not a big expense and I don't understand why it wouldn't be standard on ANY new travel trailer. I'll put one on myself but really, I shouldn't have to... it should come with it!

Really these are minor annoyances and I am happy with the trailer. I think as an entry level TT you can't go wrong with the Prowler.

Best wishes on your purchase :)

cdramsey

Gulf_Coast_Girl, thanks for the input! We are still in the infancy of the decision process, but we really like what we've seen with the Lynx. We have a 16y/o daughter who says the same about the bunkhouse! I'm pretty sure this is what we'll purchase, just as soon as we get some logistics worked out! Thanks again for the input, and hope you have a great Independence weekend!

cdramsey

Thank you for the warm welcome jimtoo! We are new to the camper world as whole, so, this should be an interesting journey! Looking forward to meeting some great new folks and trying some new adventures!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've had our Prowler 5th-wheeler for just over a year now and love it!

This is where we are at right now (Royal Gorge, Colorado):

ProwlerRoyalGorge-P7020314.jpg

ProwlerRoyalGorge-P7020324.jpg