Small water leak in a odd spot

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Every one is going to say it's the water line to the fridge.
However this is under the fridge however under the main floor of the kitchen slide (not the slid floor)
The fridge water line is below that point of the leak
So from where the fridge water line connects under the island then goes down to the belly it is dry no leaks.
Check under the fridge (which is in the slide) all dry under there. The leak is not in the slide anyway. It's wet on the bottom of the main floor outside only...

We Haven't been in any rain, I did have it washed and waxed Saturday morning but it's been closed to 100° here the last few weeks so I don't think it has anything to do with the wash job.
Again the fridge line is below this leak.

I will shut the fridge water off for now and see if it stops just for the heck of it
There is the long metal pan running down and thats where the water is
76a443cfae2f102d331c4191e8799082.jpg

25db42cacd2d889b1bd2772b379331dd.jpg

854ab76eeaf745b99627546159589ff9.jpg

a9702d9f779ed38899ae34eb7e3bad76.jpg

c3009f5bc04e1a4007e385c61163497b.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
jess, I will be watching this thread to see what you find. Hogan

danemayer

Hi Jerrod,

I assume you have a residential refrigerator. There may be a drain pan on the bottom, behind the toe grille. Also, if the icemaker and/or water feed dispense from the door, there's usually a water line connector at the bottom of the door.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes Dan there is all of that and it's all dry up there
The drain pan has a tiny bit in it as it should but that is all in the slide the drip is below all of that in the actual floor of the coach.

danemayer

Yes Dan there is all of that and it's all dry up there
The drain pan has a tiny bit in it as it should but that is all in the slide the drip is below all of that in the actual floor of the coach.

If you're sure the water isn't migrating from the slide floor, then you may have to open up some of the coroplast to see what possible water sources are nearby. Pex lines to the kitchen island run along the off door side before turning to the center. You might check the pex coming down from the kitchen island for any dripping water. It could run down the pex and drip onto a crosspiece in the underbelly.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I've been digging for a while and I am finding moisture by where the water line goes through the floor.. the darn water line is completely dry.
I wish I had a flippin access door on the back of my fridge.
I have really secured my fridge into place a long time ago and it is full as we're heading out again.
I will just shut it off and let it all dry out. Then pull it apart and redo it right when I get back.
I definitely the fridge water or condensation I guess it's seeping through the floor of the slide the down to the floor of the coach buy the roller wheels then down from there
6a0e40df468d5a579bf17315ec891084.jpg

jbeletti

Jerrod - where the ice maker line goes through the slide room floor, is that in the pantry to the left of the stove space? That's where mine is.

I know you'd prefer not to pull the refer out but as you remediate this, consider converting to SS braided line. That's what I did and I decided to not pull the refer out. I spliced it in the lower cabinet to the left of the refer. I used two 20' sections of SS line (Eastman 0247004) and two 1/4" compression couplings (ProLine CP-10NL). I took the SS line to the shut-off valve in the island. It was pretty simple.

If I have to pull the refer for any other reason, I'll connect the SS line to the solenoid at that time. I left a 6 foot coil of SS and of the poly line at the splice point.

Detail of my ice maker line change is halfway down this post.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jim mine is the same as your but my line is dry there but the floor is wet.
It has to be leaking from behind the fridge.
I can see back there with the flashlight and everything is dry
But it's definitely back there somewhere.
If I turn off the valve the drip on the ground stops turn it back on and a while later it's back.
I'll leave it off and let it dry up then pull it apart next week.
And of course install the steel braided line in its place from what I can tell my line is only about 10' long 15' at the most so 1 20' section should do the job.
I'm taking it in for some other warranty issues when we get back but I think I'll fix this one right, myself....

Bones

I guess your right Dave.

Just a thought. Has any one ever thought of adding a shut off valve at the slide. Use a 1/2 inch line run to a a shut off valve then run the 1/4 inch tube to the fridge.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

They put the shut off valve under the island instead.
Mine is actually behind the drawers, you have to pull out the drawers to get to the shut off valve. Now I see they have put it under the sink or behind the dish washer and easily accessible from the false cabinet door on the back of the island.
My line that goes from the valve through the frame out to the slide leaked when we first got the trailer and I had to strategically pull a new line. It's been all good up to now.

Buster537

Jerrod, Had the same problem last November. The water line under the fridge was pinched and cut. Water was running from under the fridge off the slide, down the back wall of the floor to the pantry, and going down the wall and out the bottom in almost the same place as you are showing. Two 2x6s on either side of the fridge are about the right height to roll it out on, watch the island counter top!! Replace the line as Jim said and be careful my power cord was pinched under the fridge as well. The insulation was not cut yet, but close. I also had to replace the trim of the pantry door and beefed-up the platform under the fridge. Keep us posted.

Attachments

• problem.jpg
    problem.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sounds like a lot of us have had this issue. I had my fridge out a few times already last year due to the poor job they did installing it at the factory.
Then my dealer tried to fix it. Then I had to pull it out and do it the right way. It's in there good now mounted top and bottom.
I'll get the SB lines and fix it for good.

jbeletti

...from what I can tell my line is only about 10' long 15' at the most so 1 20' section should do the job...

If you plan to replace it from the shut off valve, you'll need 10 feet just to get into the slide floor, then another 6 feet to the refer. Then you'll want slack to be able to install the line with the refer out of cabinet.

I spliced the two sections together just inside the frame, in the underbelly as I didn't want the splice exposed outside under the slide. I used screw-tie-wraps to secure the line to the back wall inside the cabinets.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jim I'm not finding the 20' foot line but I did find the 15' line so if I use 15' to the slide and 15' to the fridge. I should have plenty right.
Do you think I need to worry and a drain under the slide like I have now ?
I have never winterized my RV in almost 20 years here in central California.

Oops I just found a 25' line I'm going to try that