Military Discount for Tires.

pegmikef

As usual I am probably always the last one to find out things, but I learned today that Discount Tires gives a ten percent military discount to active duty and retirees. It is not a whole lot, but its significance grows when you are buying four G614s like I am (32.30 off of each tire adds up).

SNOKING

Lowes and Home Depot give 10% to Veterans and active duty military also. Need ID card! Chris

rxbristol

Thanks, I didn't know that about Discount Tires. I'll be buying new tires for the truck early next year and Discount Tires are the only ones in our area that carry them.

B

BouseBill

Here is a link that pretty much explains the Home Depot and Lowe's discount program.
http://themilitarywallet.com/home-depot-lowes-10-military-discount/

When we purchased the GE Micro/Conv oven for the 5er the military discount did not apply as the oven was already on sale:( But that is to be expected.
I know some stores provide the discount to veterans every day, but that is not in compliance with Company policy.

pegmikef

Here is a link that pretty much explains the Home Depot and Lowe's discount program.
http://themilitarywallet.com/home-depot-lowes-10-military-discount/

When we purchased the GE Micro/Conv oven for the 5er the military discount did not apply as the oven was already on sale:( But that is to be expected.
I know some stores provide the discount to veterans every day, but that is not in compliance with Company policy.

That must be a localized thing, because both Lowes and Home Depot always give us a military discount. When I bought our washer and dryer two or three years ago, the sales lady told me to wait until the following week if I could as they were going on sale for about 15 percent less. I asked her about my military discount (10 percent) and she said it would also apply as it applies to everything regardless of whether or not the items are on sale. I have never been refused the military discount by either Home Depot or Lowes whenever I have shopped in them in Tx,La, Az, Mo, and Ok.

Lou_and_Bette

That must be a localized thing, because both Lowes and Home Depot always give us a military discount. When I bought our washer and dryer two or three years ago, the sales lady told me to wait until the following week if I could as they were going on sale for about 15 percent less. I asked her about my military discount (10 percent) and she said it would also apply as it applies to everything regardless of whether or not the items are on sale. I have never been refused the military discount by either Home Depot or Lowes whenever I have shopped in them in Tx,La, Az, Mo, and Ok.

Ditto

ram_1955

I at one time locally Home Depot gave discount then next time I was in they didn't. I went to get something that only they had and they were giving discounts again then recently I was in and the cashier did the discount thing and said nothing was eligible for discount I left the cart full of things with her and walked out. Lowes has always given discounts.

i let my wallet speak by buying where I get the best value.

B

BouseBill

From the article referenced in the link above.

"I also contacted a Home Depot customer service rep online and she gave me this response:

We proudly offer Active and Veteran military a 10% discount on their online or in store purchases. Please contact Online Customer Care at 1-800-430-3376 and place your online order over the phone for a immediate discount or bring your ID to your local Home Depot. However, this may not be used in combination with any other sale prices or discounts. (Editor’s note: Several readers have reported that Home Depot no longer offers the military discount for online purchases.)"

So if the sales person sold you the W/D at the sales price plus the Military Discount......Great for YOU :)

pegmikef

So if the sales person sold you the W/D at the sales price plus the Military Discount......Great for YOU :)

BouseBill. I'm sorry, I wasn't clear. I purchased the W/D at Lowe's, not Home Depot. I was just saying that they both have always given me a discount, but I can't say for sure that our local Home Depot would do the same thing that Lowe's did (that is give me a military discount on sale items).