Inverter issues??? for Hisense Residential Refrigerator

I have the Cyclone 4250. I purchased brand new in February. I have only used the inverter 3 times. A few days ago, I went on a trip, pushed the manual inverter button to turn on fridge, and everything seemed ok. I went 250 miles, and at destination, the refrigerator was not on. Strange the batteries did not hold up for a 5 hour trip. When I went to turn on generator, it would not even crank. When I went to check battery cables, I noticed acid on the terminal posts on each battery. It might have already been on it before I left, but had no reason to check them. So now after 6 months, I am guessing, but will probably have to replace the two batteries. Anyone have any reasons why this might have happened. Thanks for the experience.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

What kind of batteries do you have ?
How many batteries do you have ?
Have you maintained them regularly, by adding distilled water to keep them topped off ?
If you let the cells get low they will not take a charge or hold a charge.
You could also have a tripped breaker which will not allow the batteries to charge.
You could also have a blown fuse on your truck. This would not charge your batteries going down the road.
Just a few things to check and hopefully have some of these answers for the rest of use to help you out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Hank,

Apparently when you turned the inverter on you had enough juice to start the fridge, but not enough to keep it running or to keep the battery charged, even with a little juice flowing from the truck.

What may have happened is that you have lost the normal recharging from your Power Converter and the batteries were at a low charge at the beginning of the trip. If you have a volt meter, take a reading at the battery terminals while plugged into shore power, truck disconnected. If 13.2-13.6V DC, your Power Converter is recharging the batteries. If less than 12V DC, you not only have discharged batteries, but there's no power from the Converter to the batteries. Another symptom would be that internal lights and other 12V devices INSIDE the coach work when on shore power, but quit as soon as shore power is turned off or disconnected.

An alternative if you don't have a meter is to turn on the auto-leveling, if you have that, and cycle it to read the voltage.

First thing to check is the reset button on the 12V DC Mini-Circuit Breaker near the batteries. There's a row of little breakers usually covered by a red rubber boot. Two breakers usually have thick wires on the output side (battery cable goes to the input side which also has a copper buss bar connecting the breakers). One of those breakers should have a teeny-tiny very hard to see reset button. You can often find it with your fingers more easily than trying to see it. If you press that button and voltage at the batteries comes back into the 13.2-13.6 V range immediately (shore power plugged in), the breaker was tripped.

If proper charging voltage is not restored, you may have lost the output of the Power Converter. Check the main circuit breaker panel inside the coach. One by one turn each breaker off then on. Don't rely on a visual check.

If that doesn't restore charging, you'll have to check to make sure the Power Converter is still plugged in. It's usually located behind the rear wall of the basement pass through storage. If the plug has come out of the outlet, after plugging back in, tie it into place.

I'm attaching some pictures that may help you. Also, if you need to go further, you can refer to our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide. The Residential Refrigerator Guide has a block diagram that's closer to your setup.

I don't know if you'll need to replace the batteries. You will need to clean the terminals for sure. You may want to take them to an auto parts store or repair place and have them tested.

Attachments

• Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 30
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 27
I experienced a similar problem with the batteries while on a three day trip traveling 5 to 8 hours a day.
After about the third day the two existing batteries were low.
I called Heartland and thier fix was to add a third battery thus increasing the available amperage.
I purchased a small tote with a snap on lid. That the battery ould fit in .
Since adding the third battery I have been on several long trips with no problems.

carl.swoyer

If they are wet cells you need to keep the water level up . Topping the battery off with distilled water. Your Best bet is group 31 deka agm batteries . Plus they will charge faster than a wet cell.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk