Grey Water Tank Handles???

Terry214

I need some help.

I have a cyclone 4012 that is supposed to have 90 gallons of grey water storage capacity. My information panel has read outs for 1 black water tank and 2 grey water tank. So I am assuming I have 2 45 grey water tanks which make up the 90 gallon grey water tank capacity. When ever my information panel indicates that grey water tank no. 1 is full sure enough the kitchen sink starts to back up.

How do I make use of my grey water tank no. 2?

One more piece of information. I only have two tank drainage handles, one for the black water tank and one for the grey water tank. Shouldn't I have 3 drainage tank handles?

Please help

Terry214

OK... can someone please help me with a grey water drainage tank question. I only have 1 grey water tank drain handle... shouldn't I have 2 grey water tank drain handles, what gives? I have a 07 Cyclone 4012 that is supposed to have a 90 gallon grey water capacity.

Please help.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
The fact that your monitor panel shows a readout for 2 gray tanks would certainly loead one to believe you would have 2 tanks - in which case you should have 2 handles for gray and 1 for black. However, as Doug stated, his newer model is not that way. Sounds like it might be time to get in to the belly of the beast and take a gander for yourself (or pay to have it done)! :O

FWIW: I have 2 drain locations on my 3950, 1 at the front with 2 gray and 1 black, 1 at the back with 1 gray and 1 black. All 5 tanks have individual drain handles.

Terry214

Thank you for the information. I will be taking a look for myself to see what the situation is with the tanks. I have a 35 gallon portable tank that serves it purpose well so all is good. I have had my Cyclone for a year now and love it! No Problems with it... Wish I would have bought it sooner!

truknutt

Committed Member
I need some help.

I have a cyclone 4012 that is supposed to have 90 gallons of grey water storage capacity. How do I make use of my grey water tank no. 2?

One more piece of information. I only have two tank drainage handles, one for the black water tank and one for the grey water tank. Shouldn't I have 3 drainage tank handles?

Please help

Terry 214,

Question #1: Check out this previous thread Posting #4 has a picture link for an additional valve to purchase. Posting # 8 describes how to link your 2 gray tanks together to utilize nearly all of your 90 gallon capacity.

Question #2: We have a 3210 with 2 gray tanks. In the attached photo you can see the doors that have black labels on them (forward most door without any labels is sewer hose storage). The next door houses the black tank valve handle and gray #1 tank valve handle. Rear door just aft of the last tire houses the valve handle for gray tank #2. My rear tank is solely for use with an optional washer/dryer. Suffice it to say that I will be using the linking procedure described in the thread up above!

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• Cyc0089.jpg
    Cyc0089.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 34

crazybanshee

Terry When we bought ours we asked the factory and they said there was no room for a second tank. Check the ask the factory in the Cyclone forum it is an old post. They have redesigned the framing to make room for a second tank in the 09. Our panel has two grey tank indicators also.
Doug

bdaddy88

Terry,
I know it has been a while since your original question but I am new to the group and just read your thread. Did you ever figure out how to link your 2 45 gal tanks?
I have an '07 4012 and appear to have the same set up as you. The indicator lights on the contol panel lead me to believe the sink and shower are on different tanks. Use of either tend to be in line with levels noted on the control panel. I too only have one gray handle to dump gray / and one black. When I dump using the one handle both tanks go to empty.

Wish I joined the forum when we bought our trailer two years ago! There is a LOT of great info on the site! ....I have a lot of reading to do :D.

Thanks,
Kirk
Round Rock, Tx

jimtoo

Hi Kirk,
Welcome to the Heartland Forum, where as you have found already, there is a great deal of information here. And glad to welcome you as a Heartland Family member.

Jim M