Carpet Cleaning

jrdelung

Can I safely have a carpet cleaning company clean my carpets?
What is under the carpet?
Safe for appropriate amount of water during the cleaning process?
Will the floors swell/flex/bow under normal carpet cleaning?

Thank you in advance... I'm new here!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Dr. Jim and welcome to this great forum.
While I have not had our carpet cleaned I do know a lot of people that have. Some more than once.
I think you will be safe having it done.

Peace
Dave

jrdelung

Thank you for the feedback. I'm very hesitant in commercially cleaning the carpet. My fear is plywood damage.

Thank you again!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had ours done during the national rally in goshen last year. Made a huge difference. Will have it done again next year too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mrsfish

I have both had my carpets done commercially and used my own steam cleaner. Don't hesitate, they both worked fine.

Crumgater

We have a bissell carpet machine and clean our own... I don't think there's much pad below the carpet, so it dries quick, which is good, because it's probably wet directly on the particle board underlayment.

We always plan our cleaning for a time we can keep the carpets exposed, all slides open and the heat on - with extra fans, if it's humid out (which happens occasionally here in Seattle, HA!). You may not have that issue. :)

Garypowell

Just like previous poster mentioned not a problem but make sure you leave the air on and the unit opened up for a couple of days.

jrdelung

Carpet cleaner just left. It looks amazing. We have NO problem drying the carpet in the AZ July weather!

gasman

Camp Socializer
The only I've ever found under the carpet is the vinyl flooring like is in the kitchen and bathroom.