Fresh Water Tank That Wouldn't Fill

cgaetz

We recently had the same problem that a lot of people have been having, or so it would seem after doing some reading. On our first trip, when we filled the fresh water tank, and it filled for quite a while, until I got a little water out of the small vent hole near the filler. After that water started to come out of the underbelly. I didn't think too much of it because I thought that the tank was vented underneath somehow. We only got 2/3 of a tank for the first trip, but I wrote it off to some spilling / leaking during travel. On the second trip it was slightly more rushed, and I put the hose in the filler and waited for the leak that I assumed was the vents, shut off the water and we went on our way. Upon arrival we checked the monitor and found what we had barely 1/3 tank. When we got back I pulled the front of the underbelly off, and to my surprise there was a large white hose laying in the bottom of the underbelly, hooked to nothing. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be the tank fill hose and it was obvious that the clamp was not on properly, and during the first fill a slight pressure blew it off. It didn't take me long to fix, and I am by no means upset with Heartland, as mistakes can be made by even the best of us ;). The reason of this post is actually to commend heartland, as they have changed their venting system so that all the hoses go to the vent up at the fill station. It is quite clear that although change is not instant, they do take into consideration the problems that are talked about on here, and that they are constantly improving. Our 2009 3490BHS is our first 5th wheel, and after alot of consideration, I'm quite sure we made the right decision. Keep up the good work Heartland.