Bake controller problems SIlveradoHD

RamblinFever

I'm wondering of anyone with a late 2500HD/3500HD Silverado/Sierra has experienced a lack of power from the truck to the trailer. I discovered when I hitched up my 5th whl I had no brakes. Controller had no error messages but checked with a meter and found all connections OK except for the brakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

carl.swoyer

I just had the same problem on my05 Silverado lly. Had my trailer brakes inspected. Pad were at 50%. all wheels locked as required when full 12volt applied. So I had to adjust my controller..all good now.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Thinking back here,,, something I shouldn't do,,,but I think in the fuse box under the hood is a fuse for brakes. Might check to be sure.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
X2 on what Jim said. Also make sure that the fuse and wiring is installed to charge the coach battery. It is also at the under hood relay center.

Domi

Just having a similar problem with our right break light. Took it to the dealer and they found a modual bad. It is going to be $350 and should have it next week. Sorry I don't know the part exactly but I will once they replace it.

John

Bob&Patty

John, I asked the question in your other thread.........WHAT MODULE?? Because as a retired GM tech........I don't remember any module that ran brake lights on a '04 Chevy. I can tell you for a fact that the bulb plate is not $350. Even a turn signal switch is not that much money.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
When I had my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 wired up, Lampert Hitch in Denver installed a module under the bed of the truck to control all of the trailer wiring.

Wiringmoduleontruck-PB148238.jpg

I wonder if it could be an after market item like this one.

All the wiring from the front of the truck through this and then to the harness plug on the back bumper.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

JohnD, a "04" Chevy came with that stuff from from the factory, It was plug and play for a brake controller. All you had to do was install the plug in the bed, wire harness at the rear of the truck and install the controller. Done it on 3 different Chevy/GMC trucks. Took about 2 hours total and $150 in parts except on the '13 GMC".