Storage Slam Door Latch - Replacement

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
Wondering where to get a couple of latches for my 2015 Bighorn storage doors. Someone tried to break into our trailer while in a storage compound and managed to damage 2 of the latched on the big storage door. When I unlocked and opened them, a piece of pot metal fell out of each door latch. They still work but worried they will fail at some point. Has anybody replaced on yet. Doug

Bones

Wondering where to get a couple of latches for my 2015 Bighorn storage doors. Someone tried to break into our trailer while in a storage compound and managed to damage 2 of the latched on the big storage door. When I unlocked and opened them, a piece of pot metal fell out of each door latch. They still work but worried they will fail at some point. Has anybody replaced on yet. Doug

You could go with the RV lock storage locks if interested. Sorry to hear about the break in.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

My first choice would be to install the RV-Lock like Dave said.
Here is a link to my install
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=480974&viewfull=1#post480974

We love them. They are awesome !!!
RV-Lock has a new duel remote coming out soon you can unlock your entry door with one button and the basement doors with the other. That way your not wasting the batteries in the basement latches when going in and out of your entry door.

If you have no desire to go with RV-lock I have my old locks in a box here on my work bench from my Landmark

Bones

My first choice would be to install the RV-Lock like Dave said.
Here is a link to my install
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=480974&viewfull=1#post480974

We love them. They are awesome !!!
RV-Lock has a new duel remote coming out soon you can unlock your entry door with one button and the basement doors with the other. That way your not wasting the batteries in the basement latches when going in and out of your entry door.

If you have no desire to go with RV-lock I have my old locks in a box here on my work bench from my Landmark
Oh I like that feature

gasman

Camp Socializer
Doug, call Heartland with your VIN. They will ship you new latches. They are simple to change out. Depending on the style you have, the hardest part is drilling out 4 pop rivets and re-riveting them.

richheck

Seasoned Member
If you are going to replace with latches (stock slam latches) from Heartland, you will not have to drill out the rivets, just four (4) screws to change over. Very simple.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
I thought I had responded but guess it didn't work. Have contacted Heartland and will get new latches. Wondering if there is a way to re-key to the others or are all latches the same key?

mlpeloquin

They should be on the same key. I purchase a new slam latch door, don't ask it is a long story. The keys matched. I too unscrewed the old latches and have them as spare items.

richheck

Seasoned Member
That is one of the reasons that "Jesstalkn" and myself went with the RVLocks, all others are keyed the same I believe it was a "R801" key for all the compartment locks, Landmarks and Big Horns I know of.

Bones

That is one of the reasons that "Jesstalkn" and myself went with the RVLocks, all others are keyed the same I believe it was a "R801" key for all the compartment locks, Landmarks and Big Horns I know of.
I want to go to the RVLocks but just not at this time. Maybe next year. Maybe. That is if the DW lets me next year. I may be banned

Gary521

RVLocksandMore has slam latch locks that can be keyed to your front door. You can also have the cam locks keyed the same (if you have them). The slam latch locks from Heartland are all keyed the same on all units.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dave for me money well spent. I never use to lock mine because it was a PIT and I'm sure one of the days all of my expensive tools would of disappeared. I carry my 20v 1/2" Dewalt impact my 12v Dewalt drill & impact driver, my tool tote, with all my electrical testing stuff and more right inside my cub side door. With two hands you could walk off with more $$$ in tools then the locks are. Now I always lock them even at home.
I love them

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bones

Dave for me money well spent. I never use to lock mine because it was a PIT and I'm sure one of the days all of my expensive tools would of disappeared. I carry my 20v 1/2" Dewalt impact my 12v Dewalt drill & impact driver, my tool tote, with all my electrical testing stuff and more right inside my cub side door. With two hands you could walk off with more $$$ in tools then the locks are. Now I always lock them even at home.
I love them

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yes they do look nice. I lock my doors at nights.