PDA

View Full Version : RV SnapPad Xtra product launch

jbeletti
07-08-2016, 04:52 PM
For those who've been waiting to order the RV Snap Pads with the drainage issue addressed, the wait is over!

Origen sent me a pre-release announcement flier on the new product and I've attached it below.

Note that pricing on the Xtra product is $5 more than the Classic product and that the cost of shipping is now included in the product pricing.

pegmikef
07-08-2016, 04:55 PM
You know I thought about making that exact mod to mine, but they seem to drain pretty good so I haven't done anything.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
07-08-2016, 06:38 PM
Glad to see they are out. They look really good :cool:
And I was worried about weakening the upper ring by drilling holes in them, they chopped a big notch out of them in 4 places.

Bones
07-08-2016, 07:09 PM
they look good to me

Doublegranch
07-08-2016, 07:46 PM
Looks great but I think I like my 4 holes better....they are drilled down at a different angle....
But all is good and who ever purchases these items will really enjoy the benefits of having them.
They are a nice footprint....

franks1
07-09-2016, 06:58 AM
Great timing,picking up our new Orlando in a week!!!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
07-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Great timing,picking up our new Orlando in a week!!!!
Congratulations on the Orlando.
The sooner you get them on there the better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Roller4tan
07-09-2016, 10:21 AM
Why does it cost more to use less material to make the "Xtra" ? :confused:

RV_SnapPad_Support
07-09-2016, 09:43 PM
Why does it cost more to use less material to make the "Xtra" ? :confused:
Good Question!
The 'Xtra' is referring to the extra value as they now drain and are easier to install. It cost additional funds to update the design, re-test and change our manufacturing to accommodate the new version. That's our reasoning behind the small price increase.
We are still going to sell the original version so if you would prefer to drill your own holes or aren't concerned about standing water you still have that option. :)

klindgren
07-10-2016, 06:47 AM
Has anyone tried to modify their "classic" pads to look/work like the new 'Xtra' pads? I have the classic's installed on my rig and while I love them, I'd really like to have the mod that allows them to drain (mine do not). Can't see buying all new ones but I'd sure like to see the cut for draining water in the classics

busted2341
07-10-2016, 09:24 AM
Has anyone tried to "chop out" that drainage hole? I sure would like to do that so some instructions would be welcomed. Love this prooduct and don't want to lose one becaue I did it wrong.

danemayer
07-10-2016, 09:52 AM
Has anyone tried to "chop out" that drainage hole? I sure would like to do that so some instructions would be welcomed. Love this prooduct and don't want to lose one becaue I did it wrong.

Drilling holes has been discussed in detail on the Snap Pad Discussion Thread in this sub-forum. Take a look here (https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/56821-Discussion-thread-for-RV-SnapPads?p=478097&viewfull=1#post478097).

TandC
09-20-2016, 03:34 PM
Like Keith (Post #10) I have the original Snap Pads. I have yet to install my pads and would like to know if anyone has
cut groves in their originals to match the new Xtras? If so, what/how did you do it?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
09-20-2016, 03:38 PM
If I were going to do it, I'd try a Skil saw or a table saw, set the depth just right and you would get a nice clean groove.
You would have to make several passes to get the width.

Bones
09-20-2016, 04:52 PM
You could use a table saw with a fence and a dado blade set to about 1/4 inch.if you make a jig for the pads you could just rotate the pad in the jig and get the same cut on all your pads.

sjandbj
09-20-2016, 08:59 PM
I wonder if they will be at the rally selling there goods. It would be great to pick a set up then.

Oregon_Camper
09-20-2016, 09:48 PM
I'm missing something. I love gadgets and stuff...and have bought more than I should over the years.

However, I have no idea what value this bring to the RV? If they were a bit larger, I would guess the value is disbursing the weight, but they don't seem to add much surface area. I place my stock pads on 10"x14" pieces of 1.5" thick wood, that do a great job of disbursing the weight.

Again...love to buy stuff for the RV...just don't see the reason. What am I missing here folk? :)

jbeletti
09-20-2016, 10:00 PM
I wonder if they will be at the rally selling there goods. It would be great to pick a set up then.

They will not be at the rally in person but there will be a flier in your rally bag that will have a discount code on it. Or, you may be the lucky person to win one of a couple of drawings for SnapPads they are donating!

jbeletti
09-20-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm missing something. I love gadgets and stuff...and have bought more than I should over the years.

However, I have no idea what value this bring to the RV? If they were a bit larger, I would guess the value is disbursing the weight, but they don't seem to add much surface area. I place my stock pads on 10"x14" pieces of 1.5" thick wood, that do a great job of disbursing the weight.

Again...love to buy stuff for the RV...just don't see the reason. What am I missing here folk? :)

A few aspects of this product that I personally place a lot of value on is:
- Not having to deploy pads under my jack feet. SnapPads are always there
- Not having to pickup pads used under my jack feet
- Not having to store pads for under my jack feet*
- Elimination of any sliding/movement of jack feet hard/slick surfaces (more pronounced on front jacks at 5 degree angle)

* I still carry my old Hoss Pads (6 square - tire-crumb pads) but I no longer carry plastic blocks or flat wood sections

In no way am I trying to make an argument against the things I no longer use or carry. To each his own. Just adding why I really like SnapPads :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
09-20-2016, 10:43 PM
A few aspects of this product that I personally place a lot of value on is:
- Not having to deploy pads under my jack feet. SnapPads are always there
- Not having to pickup pads used under my jack feet
- Not having to store pads for under my jack feet*
- Elimination of any sliding/movement of jack feet hard/slick surfaces (more pronounced on front jacks at 5 degree angle)

* I still carry my old Hoss Pads (6 square - tire-crumb pads) but I no longer carry plastic blocks or flat wood sections

In no way am I trying to make an argument against the things I no longer use or carry. To each his own. Just adding why I really like SnapPads :)
X2 for me
Imagine if you were on gravel or uneven ground, or a rock under one or more of the pads. They will give and take to get the maximum foot print on the ground.
And as Jim said they are always on there you don't have to ever deal with.
Just back into your spot, unhook, and hit the Level-up button, pop your beer, and enjoy.
They are the cherry on top of the Level-up 😎

Oregon_Camper
09-20-2016, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the info....I can see why they are helpful.

Our camping takes us WAY out in the middle of know-where, and that brings issue with very uneven ground. Without stacking 5-7" of wood under the front or rear (depends which way the slope is at each site) the landing gear would never reach. Have you ever had that experience?

I've also had to dig out one side for tires and place more wood under opposite side to get close to level. I know you can lift trailer with landing gear and have tires off the ground, but I'm just not comfortable with that. That is fine for changing tires, just not ok for a week of camping....IMHO of course. :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn
09-20-2016, 11:21 PM
Been there done that with my toyhauler. But no Level-up on that rig. Lots of blocks of wood.
I don't think they would benefit you as much as they do most of us.

TravelTiger
09-21-2016, 12:06 AM
We really like them, especially for fairly level concrete or gravel sites. No fuss with anything under the feet. They do dispurse the weight, and some say keep the legs from "popping".

On our site in our current park, it's unlevel and gravel, so we have wood blocks under all feet. But if I don't have to haul those heavy blocks and crouch down to try to get them in place, I'm a very happy camper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RV_SnapPad_Support
09-21-2016, 12:33 AM
Drilling holes has been discussed in detail on the Snap Pad Discussion Thread in this sub-forum. Take a look here (https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/56821-Discussion-thread-for-RV-SnapPads?p=478097&viewfull=1#post478097).

Dan has the right idea. Drilling holes is a better option than cutting the lip for your drainage. Please follow the link he (or Ann) provided for instructions. If you cut through the lip we can't guarantee the quality of your pads. However if you drill drainage holes and keep the lip intact we can guarantee the functionality of your SnapPads.