RV SnapPad Xtra product launch

jbeletti

For those who've been waiting to order the RV Snap Pads with the drainage issue addressed, the wait is over!

Origen sent me a pre-release announcement flier on the new product and I've attached it below.

Note that pricing on the Xtra product is $5 more than the Classic product and that the cost of shipping is now included in the product pricing.

HOC SnapPad Xtra Announcement-1 00001.jpg
HOC SnapPad Xtra Announcement-1 00002.jpg
HOC SnapPad Xtra Announcement-1 00003.jpg

Attachments

• HOC SnapPad Xtra Announcement-1.pdf
    6.5 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

pegmikef

You know I thought about making that exact mod to mine, but they seem to drain pretty good so I haven't done anything.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Glad to see they are out. They look really good :cool:
And I was worried about weakening the upper ring by drilling holes in them, they chopped a big notch out of them in 4 places.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Looks great but I think I like my 4 holes better....they are drilled down at a different angle....
But all is good and who ever purchases these items will really enjoy the benefits of having them.
They are a nice footprint....

RV_SnapPad_Support

Why does it cost more to use less material to make the "Xtra" ? :confused:
Good Question!
The 'Xtra' is referring to the extra value as they now drain and are easier to install. It cost additional funds to update the design, re-test and change our manufacturing to accommodate the new version. That's our reasoning behind the small price increase.
We are still going to sell the original version so if you would prefer to drill your own holes or aren't concerned about standing water you still have that option. :)

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Has anyone tried to modify their "classic" pads to look/work like the new 'Xtra' pads? I have the classic's installed on my rig and while I love them, I'd really like to have the mod that allows them to drain (mine do not). Can't see buying all new ones but I'd sure like to see the cut for draining water in the classics

busted2341

Has anyone tried to "chop out" that drainage hole? I sure would like to do that so some instructions would be welcomed. Love this prooduct and don't want to lose one becaue I did it wrong.

TandC

Like Keith (Post #10) I have the original Snap Pads. I have yet to install my pads and would like to know if anyone has
cut groves in their originals to match the new Xtras? If so, what/how did you do it?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If I were going to do it, I'd try a Skil saw or a table saw, set the depth just right and you would get a nice clean groove.
You would have to make several passes to get the width.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Bones

You could use a table saw with a fence and a dado blade set to about 1/4 inch.if you make a jig for the pads you could just rotate the pad in the jig and get the same cut on all your pads.

Oregon_Camper

I'm missing something. I love gadgets and stuff...and have bought more than I should over the years.

However, I have no idea what value this bring to the RV? If they were a bit larger, I would guess the value is disbursing the weight, but they don't seem to add much surface area. I place my stock pads on 10"x14" pieces of 1.5" thick wood, that do a great job of disbursing the weight.

Again...love to buy stuff for the RV...just don't see the reason. What am I missing here folk? :)

jbeletti

I wonder if they will be at the rally selling there goods. It would be great to pick a set up then.

They will not be at the rally in person but there will be a flier in your rally bag that will have a discount code on it. Or, you may be the lucky person to win one of a couple of drawings for SnapPads they are donating!

jbeletti

I'm missing something. I love gadgets and stuff...and have bought more than I should over the years.

However, I have no idea what value this bring to the RV? If they were a bit larger, I would guess the value is disbursing the weight, but they don't seem to add much surface area. I place my stock pads on 10"x14" pieces of 1.5" thick wood, that do a great job of disbursing the weight.

Again...love to buy stuff for the RV...just don't see the reason. What am I missing here folk? :)

A few aspects of this product that I personally place a lot of value on is:
- Not having to deploy pads under my jack feet. SnapPads are always there
- Not having to pickup pads used under my jack feet
- Not having to store pads for under my jack feet*
- Elimination of any sliding/movement of jack feet hard/slick surfaces (more pronounced on front jacks at 5 degree angle)

* I still carry my old Hoss Pads (6 square - tire-crumb pads) but I no longer carry plastic blocks or flat wood sections

In no way am I trying to make an argument against the things I no longer use or carry. To each his own. Just adding why I really like SnapPads :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

A few aspects of this product that I personally place a lot of value on is:
- Not having to deploy pads under my jack feet. SnapPads are always there
- Not having to pickup pads used under my jack feet
- Not having to store pads for under my jack feet*
- Elimination of any sliding/movement of jack feet hard/slick surfaces (more pronounced on front jacks at 5 degree angle)

* I still carry my old Hoss Pads (6 square - tire-crumb pads) but I no longer carry plastic blocks or flat wood sections

In no way am I trying to make an argument against the things I no longer use or carry. To each his own. Just adding why I really like SnapPads :)
X2 for me
Imagine if you were on gravel or uneven ground, or a rock under one or more of the pads. They will give and take to get the maximum foot print on the ground.
And as Jim said they are always on there you don't have to ever deal with.
Just back into your spot, unhook, and hit the Level-up button, pop your beer, and enjoy.
They are the cherry on top of the Level-up 😎

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk