Drain tubes ?

Tweedy

On our 2014 3300ML is brand new. Never been used even though a 2014 model. We are about to take it on a short shake down cruise this coming week. There are two clear short 1/2 " plastic tubes hanging down underneath the coach. They are about 8 - 10' long and there is one on each side about midway along the coach body. One is right under the steps and the another more or less across from it on the other side. They do not have an on / off valve and are in addition to the low point and other drain valves. Today I noticed a cup or two of water drain from one when I was parking the trailer. Can't find any reference to them in the owners manual. Anyone know what these are for?

danemayer

If those are pex lines that go through the frame further back, near the axles, they're overflow lines that keep you from overfilling the fresh tank.

Tweedy

Not familiar with the term 'pex lines' however they do go through the frame near the axels. There's a right angle fitting where they disappear through a hole in the frame. None of our previous RV's (and we've had plenty) had these drains. You knew the water tank was full when water started spitting through the breather beside the filler cap. Thanks for the info.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Not familiar with the term 'pex lines' however they do go through the frame near the axels. There's a right angle fitting where they disappear through a hole in the frame. None of our previous RV's (and we've had plenty) had these drains. You knew the water tank was full when water started spitting through the breather beside the filler cap. Thanks for the info.

PEX is the "name" for the plastic plumbing used in the coaches. I believe it means polyethylene cross-linked. Hot water will be red, cold is blue. There are other colors, as well. To repair or make connections to PEX requires special tools (available at Home Depot or Lowes) or using slip-on connectors known as Sharkbite fittings (and there are other brands as well).

Gaffer

If you have the 4 way Anderson valve, there is no breather vent or gravity fill for fresh water.