Kicker Sub

660griz

Is there a modification anyone has done to make the Kicker sub that is mounted in the wall actually usable? I have to leave it off. Vibrates and rattles the wall no matter what the volume.

2017 Torque T32

Last edited by a moderator:

660griz

Is there a modification anyone has done to make the Kicker sub that is mounted in the wall actually usable? I have to leave it off. Vibrates and rattles the wall no matter what the volume.

2017 Torque T32

PS, This s not a "cool mod to make it your own". This would be a fix, or TSB from factory. Thus the reason for the ask the factory location.
Factory location of sub makes it unusable and hopefully covered under warranty.

danemayer

Hi 660griz,

Sounds like you're talking about a problem with the subwoofer in your sound system. If you can locate it and get to it to inspect, perhaps the problem will be self-evident. If you can't get to it, you may have to ask your dealer to fix the mounting or replace the speaker, or otherwise figure out how to get it working satisfactorily.

Btw, Technical Service Bulletins would be issued if there were a widespread problem and a specific course of action needed to be communicated to dealer techs. This sounds more like a routine manufacturing defect of some kind that would be handled under the normal warranty terms.

660griz

Hi 660griz,

Sounds like you're talking about a problem with the subwoofer in your sound system. If you can locate it and get to it to inspect, perhaps the problem will be self-evident. If you can't get to it, you may have to ask your dealer to fix the mounting or replace the speaker, or otherwise figure out how to get it working satisfactorily.

Btw, Technical Service Bulletins would be issued if there were a widespread problem and a specific course of action needed to be communicated to dealer techs. This sounds more like a routine manufacturing defect of some kind that would be handled under the normal warranty terms.

Yes. The problem is self-evident. Sub mounted on a very thin wall with little or no support.
Dealer is 5 hours away but, I do have the warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has already fixed the issue. I have other issues that have been attempted to fix by my dealer so, I assume the warranty is mostly for show and I will have to fix any "minor" issues myself.

danemayer

Warranty is for more than show, but quality of dealer techs and dealership commitment to quality repairs can vary quite a bit. Many people recommend using an independent service shop, with prior approval from Heartland. If their only business is service, they will be singularly focused on the quality of the service they provide.

This is the first time I can recall anyone describing the problem you're having. So you may get to break ground on this one.

CarterKraft

With no experience of your situation I imagine they have mounted a sub in infinite baffle orientation on a luan wall with no support?

I would build a 1.5 cu ft MDF box and attach it to the wall and to the floor, solidly.

The only way I can see a sub working in a RV is if it solidly coupled to the RV chassis, even then you are going to find the resonant frequency of every panel in the RV.

"Yes. The problem is self-evid'ent. Sub mounted on a very thin wall with little or no support."

We have similar concern

Yes a good thought, but will have to remove sub and create/make own "box" to be able to use it to the fullest!

If you have not made an improvement already....you are able to turn down the power to the sub at the amplifier. It took us a week to find this out! I do intend on relocating sub.

porthole

Retired
Although we don't have the problem you are having I find the subwoofer about useless, along with the big exposed amp.
On my to-do list for years now is to remove the subwoofer and amp and build in a fireplace.