Road Warrior Electronic Tablet Control Panel Problems

joshr502

Hello all,

My wife and I just purchased a 2016 Road Warrior 425. It has a control center on an Android Tablet that controls the lights, slide outs, awnings, etc. Well, on our first trip out, the tablet broke (inside the tablet where the USB cable plugs in) and we were having a problem connecting to the internal network to operate the tablet remotely. Needless to say, this really sucks when you are trying to pack up camp and this is how you get your slide outs and awnings retracted! After a few phone calls, we were able to get the router reset and connect just long enough to get everything retracted before the network died again. We are bringing it in for warranty work, but there has to be a way to retract the slide outs if the tablet fails. One of the service techs told me over the phone, that there was a panel in the storage compartment that had normal switches that operate the slideouts and awnings as a back up. I can not find this panel any where. Does any one know where it is? There has to be something incase the tablet fails!

jbeletti

Re: Electronic Tablet Issue

Hi Josh,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the system in your RW. If I recall correctly, we trialed Lippert's control system on a number of Road Warriors before taking a pause in this area. As such, I don't think anyone here on the forum will have much knowledge of this system.

Your best bet for support on this aspect of your RW will be with either Heartland Customer Service or Lippert Customer Service.

If you end up with any electronic documents that detail this system, kindly email them to manuals@heartlandowners.org so we can review them for potentially adding them to the forum's extensive archive of manuals, guides and other documents that support our products.

danemayer

In your front storage compartment, do you have something like the picture below?

Attachments

• DSC04482.jpg
    DSC04482.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 66

danemayer

There are manual valve controls. If there are any switches to operate the pump, with the appropriate valve open, you can run the pump one direction to extend; the other to retract. If no switches, you can operate the pump motor manually with a hex bit/drill. There's probably an access panel in the pass through basement storage near the pump. The motor will have a label in the center where the hex bit is inserted. There's a manual override procedure in this folder - 4th down.

Rhyph

In the underbelly, behind the wall in the storage compartment - most likely passenger side, you will find the mainboard for the system. On that mainboard are the control modules and there are various manual switches to operate your various electrical functions as a backup if the network dies. You may not have to monkey with the hydraulic pump and valving if you can access this board and it's switches. I have not gotten real close and personal with mine yet, because it is behind the wall. HL should have kept it accessible like FR did on the Fuzion, it was mounted right on the wall in the basement with a cover to protect it.

Now, if the network is functional at all, you can get the app from the app store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lci1.one&hl=en) on a typical android device/phone and connect via wifi to the LCI's hub. The wifi password (if not changed) is printed right on the repeater, usually located in the entertainment center. We had to use the camera on one of our phones so snap a picture of it to see it and give that a whirl.

The tablet LCI includes with the system is pretty cheap and I saw several units where overzealous salespeople broke the USB jack on every one of them. When I started my shopping crusade, I visited our local CW to view the RW 420 floorplan, our sales person broke it while showing it to us. But since I'm a tech buff, it didn't deter me. I would avoid handling it, or taking it out of it's dock, it is just not worth the risk. Use or get a cheapy android phone and use the app if you really want that carry around portability. We have Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phones, it all works really well for us.