Remote temperature monitor how-to. Where is it?

tgreening

Quite a while back I recall a thread about a remote temperature monitoring system someone had put together using some sort of temp monitor and a pay as you go type of cell phone, but I cant find it anymore. Is this ringing any bells for anyone?

I'd really like to revisit this system.

Mcook

Blink security camera provides room temperature. It works well for me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

tgreening

Not quite what I was after. The setup I recall monitored temp on its own and if it went outside programmable limits t would call a designated, or designated phone numbers with an alert msg, or something along those lines. As long as there was cell service it was good to go.

Mcook

https://blinkforhome.com/
Tempature limits are not programable, you just check the status and the temp is displayed. I set a timer to check in every 90 min. ( Summer) if I'm away . The camera does detect motion and alert you .

Mcook

4911127ad98763b960ad431f6ffea86f.jpg

tgreening

I appreciate you're trying to help but this blink system is not what I'm looking for. It runs off AC and requires a wifi connection and that's not what I want. I want something that runs off DC and uses a cell connection for alerts. I know it's here somewhere, just can't find it.

Mcook

Just in case anyone else is interested. I use a spare 4G LTE phone with its mobIle hotspot turned on for the Blink camera controller internet access. The camera contrller can be powered by a-c or I use a BoltPower 13,600 mAh portable battery pack by unplugging the a-c adapter and plugging the USB connector into the battery. The cameras uses 2 AA batteries for power.
I haven't tested to see how long the Bolt Power battery lasts.
It should operate for a few days.
Works well for me.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

jddelano

For those who don't need wireless remote thermometers you may want to consider the Acurite Multi-Sensor Thermometer with Three Remote Temperature Sensors. Christ and G's Travels YouTube videos mentioned that they used them to monitor their coach's LP refrigerator, freezer, and basement temps. Each sensor temp may be set individually and you can set an alarm as well. Battery life is reported to be very good too. (BTW, I'm not affiliated with Acurite, but I do plan to use these sensors). While the wireless/internet/phone versions may be better, these looked like an acceptable, low cost, in coach alternative.

See: https://www.acurite.com/multi-sensor-thermometer-with-3-temperature-sensors.html

Dave