Buckeyes: Let Your Voices Be Heard! Thinking 2017 Rally Sites

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Starting to think about 2017 Ohio HOC Rally sites. Will hold true to the same dates, August 18 - 20, 2017, so that must be available from the park.

Where you wanna go?

Want to go back to Scenic Hills in Amish Country? Cross Creek in Columbus?

Up around Sandusky? Shelby/Mansfield Area? NE Ohio and the Cleveland area? South Central Ohio? Click on these links to see some ideas I've thought of.

Where am I missing? Know of a park I don't have on here (I'm not going to do a fairgrounds) that could accommodate 20 big rigs? Post the website on your reply.

Would you rather go somewhere where the park is the attraction? Where the attractions around the park are the draw?

Post some thoughts and ideas. Not only where you think would be a good idea, but somewhere you'll support by being there in 2017.

Let me hear ya! A one. A two. A three.......

Buckeye

We missed the rally at Scenic Hills but have stayed there before and it was very nice. If you decide to have the 2017 rally there we would definitely try to make it. Spring Valley campground in Cambridge, Ohio was nice the last time I was there but that was several years ago so I don't know what it is like now. Just heard about Autumn Lake Campground in Sunbury,Ohio that has good reviews. I don't know anything about it so we may have to drive up there to check it out. Cambridge,Ohio is a nice area with plenty of good restaurants, The Wilds Safari park is close by, and there are many antique shops, etc. close by.

simsfmly

We missed the rally at Scenic Hills but have stayed there before and it was very nice. If you decide to have the 2017 rally there we would definitely try to make it. Spring Valley campground in Cambridge, Ohio was nice the last time I was there but that was several years ago so I don't know what it is like now. Just heard about Autumn Lake Campground in Sunbury,Ohio that has good reviews. I don't know anything about it so we may have to drive up there to check it out. Cambridge,Ohio is a nice area with plenty of good restaurants, The Wilds Safari park is close by, and there are many antique shops, etc. close by.

Like the thought of Cambridge. I'll check out Spring Valley CG. Thanks for your input!

- - - Updated - - -

Cross Creek in Columbus looks nice and it also looks like it has plenty of shade for a hot August.
Thanks for your input. It is a nice place for a Rally. Not sure if we want to use C'bus as a central location every other year, and "venture out" for the off years. That's a consideration I'd like to bounce off of others.

- - - Updated - - -

What about those of you in our neighboring states?

What can we do to get you to the Great State of Ohio next August?

Where would you like to visit if you came?

Didn't mean to limit it to just us Buckeyes.:D

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What about those of you in our neighboring states?

What can we do to get you to the Great State of Ohio next August?

Where would you like to visit if you came?

Didn't mean to limit it to just us Buckeyes.:D

You'll never make everyone happy and I understand your thought process. We'd surely like to make it to an Ohio rally sometime but that will only happen if the timing was different.
Rally on Ohio!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckeye

As I mentioned, I haven't been to Spring Valley since I retired five years ago. Latest reviews of this park say that the interior roads are pretty rough due to heavy rains. A lot of RV parks in central and Eastern Ohio are being heavily used by the workers involved in drilling and Fracking. It's not that far a drive for me so we may check it out as well.

simsfmly

As I mentioned, I haven't been to Spring Valley since I retired five years ago. Latest reviews of this park say that the interior roads are pretty rough due to heavy rains. A lot of RV parks in central and Eastern Ohio are being heavily used by the workers involved in drilling and Fracking. It's not that far a drive for me so we may check it out as well.

Let me know what you find out. Thanks for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

You'll never make everyone happy and I understand your thought process. We'd surely like to make it to an Ohio rally sometime but that will only happen if the timing was different.
Rally on Ohio!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyle,

We'd love to have you, too. Thanks for your note. We appreciate your input.

Kbvols

Few thoughts of some areas that have some various activities or attractions close by.

Loudonville OH, There is Mohican Adventures Campground and several others that are along the Mohican River. Various activities such as canoeing, golfing, antiques and Amish nearby.
Port Clinton Tall Timbers seems to be a nice campground. The area has many things to do/see including PUT In Bay.
Hocking Hills area is nice also. There is a KOA that is in the area that could probably support a rally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sniper

Few thoughts of some areas that have some various activities or attractions close by.

Loudonville OH, There is Mohican Adventures Campground and several others that are along the Mohican River. Various activities such as canoeing, golfing, antiques and Amish nearby.
Port Clinton Tall Timbers seems to be a nice campground. The area has many things to do/see including PUT In Bay.
Hocking Hills area is nice also. There is a KOA that is in the area that could probably support a rally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Hocking Hills area is fantastic! However, I wonder if ANY of the campgrounds in the area would "hold" 20 sites for any weekend in the Summer? The Commander and I ride the hills often, and that area is absolutely packed during Summer school break. However if folks were interested, I could ride down to the KOA, and ask about it (well, actually let the Commander do the talking) :)

simsfmly

Hello,How would I get info on joining your chapter? Thank You. Buster155

Don, you're already in our chapter, at least you're on my list. You should have been receiving my emails. PM me if you have questions I can answer for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Cedarlane campground in Port Clinton is also a nice campground.
http://www.cedarlanervpark.com/

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The Hocking Hills area is fantastic! However, I wonder if ANY of the campgrounds in the area would "hold" 20 sites for any weekend in the Summer? The Commander and I ride the hills often, and that area is absolutely packed during Summer school break. However if folks were interested, I could ride down to the KOA, and ask about it (well, actually let the Commander do the talking) :)

I'm thinking between Hocking Hills and Port Clinton, we might be dialing up the next TWO years! Thanks so much for all the great input.

simsfmly

From the Hocking Hills KOA:

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your email. Because of our location in the beautiful Hocking Hills our campground terrain is just like it sounds...hilly! As much as we would love to have your folks stay with us, we would be challenged to accommodate that many rigs due to their size. We would recommend that you check with the Hocking Hills Visitors center to see if they could recommend another campground in the area that may fit your needs. We appreciate you considering us and hope you are able to find a place in our area that would work.

Happy camping!

Your Hosts – Kurt & Lori Hostetter, CPOs
Logan/Hocking Hills KOA

Sniper

From the Hocking Hills KOA:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your email. Because of our location in the beautiful Hocking Hills our campground terrain is just like it sounds...hilly! As much as we would love to have your folks stay with us, we would be challenged to accommodate that many rigs due to their size. We would recommend that you check with the Hocking Hills Visitors center to see if they could recommend another campground in the area that may fit your needs. We appreciate you considering us and hope you are able to find a place in our area that would work.

Happy camping!

Your Hosts – Kurt & Lori Hostetter, CPOs
Logan/Hocking Hills KOA
The Hocking Hills are indeed hilly. :)

Mike-n-Justina

Cuttys sunset resort www.cuttyssunset.com in Louisville, Ohio is nice. We are going there in August. We go there at least once a season. It is close to the Hartville Flea Market, Hartville Kitchen (very good food) Hartville Hardware (huge store), Football Hall of Fame and close to Camping World. The campground has activities every weekend.

simsfmly

Cuttys sunset resort www.cuttyssunset.com in Louisville, Ohio is nice. We are going there in August. We go there at least once a season. It is close to the Hartville Flea Market, Hartville Kitchen (very good food) Hartville Hardware (huge store), Football Hall of Fame and close to Camping World. The campground has activities every weekend.

Thanks for your input, we'll take a look!

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)

We were in Hartville on July 1st for the big flea market. Also got some awesome pepperoni rolls in the food court.

Mike-n-Justina

We were in Hartville on July 1st for the big flea market. Also got some awesome pepperoni rolls in the food court.
We don't see you and Linda signed up for the Rally yet. Don't make Mike eat ice cream without you. Lol. We are going to Cross Creek this weekend. You guys should have tried the Hartville Kitchen. They have awesome home cooked food. Did you get rid of your squirrels you had in Tennessee?

kkamshop

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned yet - Sauder Village in Archbold OH. They recently expanded the campground and have the pioneer village, Sauder Furniture outlet, a bakery, a restaurant, use of the hotel pool, and several shops on the property.
We have held rallies there before the expansion, they were very nice to work with.
Kathy

simsfmly

Here's one I haven't seen mentioned yet - Sauder Village in Archbold OH. They recently expanded the campground and have the pioneer village, Sauder Furniture outlet, a bakery, a restaurant, use of the hotel pool, and several shops on the property.
We have held rallies there before the expansion, they were very nice to work with.
Kathy

Thanks for your input! We'll definitely check it out. (When we had a house, we LOVED that Sauder wood furniture.)