Cleaning the rig

relic57

Hi everyone, now that we have our new 3450, it sure does get dirty quick, not even moving. how does everyone else clean their coachs, from washing to lubricating, what kind of stuff do you guys use. I don't even know what kind of mop to wash it with .Any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:

rhodies1

Hi everyone, now that we have our new 3450, it sure does get dirty quick, not even moving. how does everyone else clean their coachs, from washing to lubricating, what kind of stuff do you guys use. I don't even know what kind of mop to wash it with .Any help would be great.

I personally use a product from CW called Gel Gloss Wash and I also use the Gel Gloss Wax,goes on easy and buffs off.I use a soft wash brush with an 8 ft extension. My unit is a 2012 and looks like new.

Lynn1130

Do a search here on Rejex. I think you will come up with a long list of users of that product and some info on other products.

As far a soap. About any RV or car wash but don't use Dawn or one of those type soaps. It take off the was you might have put on the last time. Rejex says wash first with Dawn to get all of the other wax etc off before applying.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
This is all I've ever used for each wash at the recommendation of the tech that did our PDI. 3 yrs old and still shines like new.
http://www.thetford.com/product/premium-rv-wash-and-wax/
I do clean and then wax the front cap with NuFinish car wax to facilitate bug removal a couple times a year.
Don't forget the roof. Many different opinions here but I use 409 spray cleaner with a stiff brush then redo with Murphy Oil soap and a soft brush once a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

Our PNW RV flyer gave a recipe of one capfull of baby shampoo and half a cup of white vinegar in 2 gallons water that sounds interesting.

danemayer

One of the problems I've run into is that most campgrounds prohibit washing, usually because when you use a hose, you use a lot of water. I've started carrying a small garden sprayer and a bucket with sponge. I put 2 gallons of water in the bucket along with a mild detergent and use the sponge to wash off the dirt and bugs. Unless I've gone through some really muddy stuff, 2-3 gallons of water in the sprayer is usually all it takes to rinse. No one yet has gotten excited about my using 5 gallons of water.

Of course at home, I use the garden hose to rinse.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
One of the problems I've run into is that most campgrounds prohibit washing, usually because when you use a hose, you use a lot of water. I've started carrying a small garden sprayer and a bucket with sponge. I put 2 gallons of water in the bucket along with a mild detergent and use the sponge to wash off the dirt and bugs. Unless I've gone through some really muddy stuff, 2-3 gallons of water in the sprayer is usually all it takes to rinse. No one yet has gotten excited about my using 5 gallons of water.

Exactly. Have given our BH many a sponge bath to remove road film pollen etc. The only place to tell me to stop and not continue was in Haines AK last summer. I clean bugs off the front cap quite often without issue from the facility. A couple times when the rig has been really dirty I've asked at the office and for a fee rig washing was permitted.
A few gallons of water, a sponge and a ladder can do a lot to clean your rig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

relic57

Thanks everyone, what about the stuff they say for like your rubber on the slides and lubricants for the slideouts etc. Any thoughts on that
Thanks
Dave

mlpeloquin

Clean with Dawn and a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide to get it really clean or use a cup of ZEP industrial cleaner with Dawn. Then Rejex. Clean with Bugs-N-All as needed. Once a year strip everything off and reapply Rejex. I use Rejex on the front of my truck as well and Buggs-N-All as needed. [h=3][/h]

rxbristol

Dan, I assume you're referring to a garden pump-up type sprayer. Great idea

Rex