ATF: Trail Runner - Roof material & maintenance

dmspkm

We have a new 2017 Trail Runner 27RKS. What kind of material is used for the rubber roof, EPDM or TPO? What kind of maintenance is requires? Do I need to put any kind of protective coating on it?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
If it is EPDM material......the manufacturer recommends that you wash it with "dawn dish soap" only and do not put anything on it.

dmspkm

I could not find anything in the Blue Bag documents that specify what kind of membrane in used. Since the Heartland Owner's Manual says to clean with a mild detergent & medium bristle brush, can I assume that it is EPDM? They also say to check with the roof manufacture but I could not find that information listed anywhere.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
I could not find anything in the Blue Bag documents that specify what kind of membrane in used. Since the Heartland Owner's Manual says to clean with a mild detergent & medium bristle brush, can I assume that it is EPDM? They also say to check with the roof manufacture but I could not find that information listed anywhere.

In that case, call Heartland customer service at the number listed on the Portal page listed above left. Have your Vin # when you call. They will help you.

Domi

I was having a roof issue recently and found that if the roof material is white on top and black on bottom it is EPDM. You can look at a vent opening, AC opening or any place else they cut the roof and look at some of the material they have left. If it is White and Black you have the answer. That will give you a good idea what you have.

John

R

rbrady

Congrats on the purchase of your Trail Runner! We use a rubber roof material from Dicor on the roof. We recommend a mild detergent to clean it. In the event you have mold or mildew build up on the roof, Dicor recommends Simple Green. Hope this helps!
Ryan Brady

Congrats on the purchase of your Trail Runner! We use a rubber roof material from Dicor on the roof. We recommend a mild detergent to clean it. In the event you have mold or mildew build up on the roof, Dicor recommends Simple Green. Hope this helps!
Ryan Brady

Ryan,

I have a 2016 trail runner 27RKS and it came with a roof with an orange peel look to it. Is this roof TPO? If so do you have a cleaning recommendation?

Thank you,
Jamie