PDI Details

holstin

Before I start this post, I am just getting ready to order my Landmark and will most likely order it from RVFORLESS in Tennessee since I see so many positive remarks from people. Have never visted them since I am in Colorado but I just can't find a dealer here I am confidant with and since most of my time will be spent south and east I wanted a dealer closer to me once I start fulltiming.

Anyway. here is my question.

I see many people talk about there PDI and how they made a dealer fix something as simple as a screw not there. Am I not looking at this right and that somethings are easier to fix yourself than ask the dealer. Don't the dealers think sometimes you are nick picking when you do the PDI asking for something to be fixed or are they exspecting it from you and dont really let it bother them.

Its like buying a house. If there was a screw missing from a hinge on a door I wouldn't hold up buying the house until it was fixed, I would just fix it myself afterwards.

I want to make sure when I go through this that I am not just getting the dealer upset so I will get less service later on when I really need it. I realize I am paying a lot for my trailer but at the same time I dont want to be a pest. I do agree you should get what you pay for so I want to make sure I am fair at the same time diligant.

Tom of Ypsi

Like buying a house a good contractor will come back and fix what is wrong and the same should hold true with your dealer. Do not be overlook pointing out something that is not done right. This may be just the beginning of something bigger, probably not but who knows. Like you said this is your money and you have a warranty to back you up. I have read the same as you, RVSFORLESS is one outstanding dealer and when we buy another Heartland product this will probably be the way we go. Good luck on your purchase and hope to see you on the road someday.

happyrover

Pdi

Lenny, I bought my Landmark from Butch and Karen at RVsforless in May of last year. They are really great folks to deal with and fixed almost everything I had on my list. Several things I had to go to the factory for, but had it repaired or replaced with no problem.

There is no such thing as something to small to have the dealer repair it. You are paying good money for your rig and deserve to have it right when you drive away.

I had to call Butch on several occasions about items I needed repaired since I bought my Landmark and he handled it for me with no problem. He really has his "friends" best interest at heart. That's the name he uses for folks that buy from him, and he truly feels that way.

One word of caution. Check EVERYTHING to make sure it works, no matter how small. Don't let anyone tell you how it should work, make them SHOW you how it works.

Congratulations on your purchase and hope to see you the road.

Mel

SmokeyBare

Lenny,

Just visited Butch at RV 4 Less this week. They just got in their new place. They have a very large inventory on hand... His new place lis a real improvement to his old lot... to me it shows he's willing to improve his company to serve his customers better....

I would suggest you plan on picking up your LandMark from RV 4 Less.... early in the Morning... that will give you lots of time to just look it over really carefully. Even the best of eyes can miss a few things... so time is always your best friend... making sure it's the way it should be... before you leave the lot.

If you won't be staying in Knoxville area after you pick up your LandMark... I'd suggest you try at least to stay near for 3 or 4 days...In my view, theres no better way to test every feature of your LandMark than to spend that amount of time in it.... if there is some things your PDI missed as well... your going to be close enough to stop back at the Dealer for a fix.

My Visit was to pick up a few parts for a repair I was going to handle my self. Butch was wonderful to help me out when he ordered the parts I needed. He was able to bring them down to Knoxville in one of the Heartland RV's he had delivered to his Dealership. Saved me a whole bunch on shipping cost. The parts were light weight but bulky and would have cost a lot to ship. To me it shows the way he treats his customers.... helping every way he can... It's just the way that Butch and Karen are... great folks... good honest people to deal with.

Good luck with your Purchase of the LandMark... Your going to be very pleased after its all done.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Don't worry about upsetting the dealer, it's your money, check EEEEEeeeverything, get it in writing and make sure it's to your satisfaction before you pull out with it.

They'll get paid for warranty work, they ain't losing money on a unit and beleive me......... They ain't worried about upsetting me, my claims department or the factory claims department when I deliver and they do the delivery inspection.

I've personally seen them take pictures of a lone fingerprint on the ceiling :eek: and later file a claim about the interior being dirty... No kidding.

Oh yea, I'm gonna set up camp and have a field day with my next trailer purchase.;):DNone

holstin

Checklist

Thanks everyone. I guess I will not worry about being a pain to them.

Now. Does anyone have a good PDI Checklist that they follow. Perferably one designed more around a landmark due to featues it may have that others dont. I am not mechanically inclined or detailed oriented so need something to use or I know I will overlook many things.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=5322&highlight=pdi

Here's a link for a PDI John (jpmorgan) posted. It's pretty extensive. Each rig will certainly have special things to check in addition to this, but this will get you a pretty good check! :)

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Each unit also has a PDI checklist in the packet that the factory sends out with the delivery drivers to hand to the dealer that they are supposed to fill out when somebody buys the unit.

This is a different form and a far more thourough inspection than what we do when we deliver the units to the dealer.

Having your own list to check is also good for your own peace of mind and could possibly go deeper in depth.

Pretty much if all of the systems and appliances are working correctly the rest is cosmetic and structural. I havn't seen any structural problems othe than a few braces come loose on the lower radius skirts on lower end units of various manufaturers. Cosmetic on the other hand....... It ain't hard to scratch something new or put an errant cut in new fabric or flooring during assembly.:eek:

Fortunatly most scratches and minor cuts are easily fixed.