Just bought the RV but no keys for the safe

RawFaith

Really didn't pay that much attention until we got the unit home and started doing the" deep cleaning" and saw the safe:D!!
Cool feature, specially since we are fulltimers!
Now just thinking here. Do we need to call a locksmith?, or Is there anyway that we can somehow contact Heartland and perhaps providing a copy of the title and the registration on our name that they could have a master key for ours?
I'm pretty sure other members lost their keys and found a way around....:eek:
thanks in advance!

danemayer

I don't know if Heartland was shipping safes on early units like your 2005. I don't think the safe was an option when we got our 2011 LM. But in any case, I'm sure you're more likely to succeed with the safe manufacturer or with a locksmith.

mlpeloquin

Look up the manufacture's web page. They may have a form to fill out explaining why you don't have the master key. They may require you to have you sign it in front of a notary. I had to when I lost the master key. Then they will send you a new one for a price.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL service, have the VIN# handy. They should be able to help you but, maybe the original owner installed the safe...not HL. HL will give all the info they can.

richheck

Seasoned Member
On my 2017 LM Arlington, the key broke off in the safe just after we received it. I drilled out the lock and replaced it with an identical safe from Amazon for around $45.00. Probably the easiest, quickest and cheapest way.

jbeletti

I owned a 2005 Landmark and I don't recall having a safe, though I think it was an "option". That said, while I found the flier for it, I did not see a safe option.

You may find the attachments interesting :)

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum!

Attachments

• Landmark8p.pdf
    971.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Landmark_Features.pdf
    526.8 KB · Views: 21

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
I owned a 2005 Landmark and I don't recall having a safe, though I think it was an "option". That said, while I found the flier for it, I did not see a safe option.

You may find the attachments interesting :)

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum!

That was pretty cool looking at that old brochure, thanks

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

On my 2017 LM Arlington, the key broke off in the safe just after we received it. I drilled out the lock and replaced it with an identical safe from Amazon for around $45.00. Probably the easiest, quickest and cheapest way.

How the "Heck" did you break the key off Rich ?
Can you read the number on the lock ? (Example 6004)

jbeletti

OK - I think I have now determined that the 2005 Landmark was "standard" with a safe. Not that it helps the OP with a key, but the safe he has was likely included with the coach when new. More nostalgia for Mark - my for sale ad :)

mlpeloquin

Ya think! A real picture tube TV in the bedroom and a flat screen tube in the living room! Back then this was really great. Boy are we spoiled. Perhaps a 386 or 486 computer back then? Cannot remember that far back as far as computers go.