Turned cheap memory foam mattress over. Results?

SNOKING

New 2017 BH3575el and very weak memory foam mattress. I could not sleep on my side because my hip would sink out of sight. So this morning we turned it over and were going to go buy a topper. I laid on it and told DF "lets put the pad on and just give it a try. Have been resting on it and it is much better.

Anyone else do this and how long has that lasted? We are a couple weeks from moving in full time. Chris

gasman

Camp Socializer
When we went full time, we took the sleep number bed out of our house and put in the the trailer. We have a great sleeping experience every night now.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We turned ours over and put a Costco memory foam on it last year and no problems since. We have used it a lot of nights since then and still firm.

We have the same problem with the mattress in our 2015 Big Counry. I think we are just going to replce it with a regular mattress.
Has anyone done this? If so, did you have any problem getting the old one out and the new one in?

wdk450

Your sleep experience is too important when fulltiming to go cheap on your bedding. Look around in stores and online for a new quality memory foam topper. Overstock.com has a lot of these with free shipping.

MCTalley

We have the same problem with the mattress in our 2015 Big Counry. I think we are just going to replce it with a regular mattress.
Has anyone done this? If so, did you have any problem getting the old one out and the new one in?

We have replaced the mattress in our Big Country. Now, we always cut our bed frame down to a queen, so if you have a king, your mileage may vary. Getting the old mattress out wasn't a problem. Finding someone to take it was a problem.

Our replacement mattress was a memory foam queen from Costco. It comes rolled up and compressed in a vacuum sealed bag. Hoist it inside, cut the plastic and let it expand out.

Note that if you have a king size mattress, it is an RV King which is, as I understand it, narrower than a typical home king mattress.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We told the dealer to take out the king mattress before we took delivery, and moved our queen sleep number mattress from our old rig into the new. The platform was too big, but we thought we would cut it down. Instead, we replaced that queen sleep number with a king sleep number (more room for cats that sleep with us).

The king sleep number we got was from camping world and is an RV king, 72x80. A standard king is 76x80. In our case we do have another 4" of space between the walls of the slide that I bet a regular king would fit, but it would be even narrower walking around it, and it's tight on the bathroom side right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gaffer

The mattress on our BH lasted 7 nights. Big divot on one side. Replaced it with a very nice mattress similar to at home. Very easy to do since we ordered it with the queen.

IronJ

We tried a topper on the factory mattress ..it was better but still not "ahh......relax nice"....

We took the king from our bedroom and swapped em out...

It does fit tighter width wise, but it fit none the less...

I will say we purchased a "tuft & needle " brand queen size off of Amazon for one of our spare rooms. For the price it is quite and impressive mattess...might be worth looking into as well...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish