My wife Carol Mitchell

wolfrat1

I'm sure no one knows us here, but I had to honor my wife Carol Mitchell. If it hadn't been for her, I wouldn't know the first thing about RVing. She talked me into getting a 23ft trailer to which I knew that I never enjoy. I had the time of my life. She always had an adventurous spirit. We slowly advanced up to a Landmark Key Largo. We had some great times. Cancer is a ugly monster that has to be stopped. It took my wife, friend, buddy and travel mate on July 15, 2016 at 10:30 am. I'm probably going about this all wrong, but she is the reason I'm here to write about her. Our adventure was suppose to start this year after I retired. We were going to hit the road in whatever direction we wanted. I love you Carol and I miss you very much.

Last edited:

GETnBYE

I am so very sorry for your loss. From the way you speak so lovingly about your wife it is my guess that the time you had together was an amazing adventure. I am sorry it was cut short.

I agree with you about the monster they call cancer. My husband and I purchased our first camper because all my life I heard my Dad talk about hitting the road in an rv. And his life was also taken way to soon by cancer. So in "memory" ,we travel on, because we must keep moving.
Prayers for you and your loved ones.

danemayer

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that sharing with us lifts the burden you're feeling, even if just a little.

Chippendale

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I know by experience how you feel. I lost my wife two and a half years ago, and think about her everyday. The pain will never completely go away, but it will become manageable, you will never forget her and you don't want to. Just know you are not walking alone, we are all praying for your strength and are standing with you. God Bless You and your family.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
So sad to hear.
Sorry for you loss.
I feel so bad when I hear this and yes cancer is an ugly monster.

Peace
Dave

Noofear

I'm so sorry for your loss, August 4th will be the one year anniversary that I lost my wife. It may not seem like it now, but things will get better. Your in my prayers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wdk450

I am so sorry for your loss. My wife convinced me to buy the big 5th wheel Bighorn and truck, with the idea of touring the U.S in retirement., which I was frankly halfhearted about. She lived less than 2 years into our retirement, but I have been out and about in the Bighorn since 2009, fulltiming the last couple of years. I have seen so much, and done so much I might not have if she hadn't wanted the RV.
I hope that keeping the rig fits into your new lifestyle. There is a national group of single RVers (NOT a singles RV hookup group) called Loners on Wheels. It can give you a new like minded RVers group of friends. Escapees and Good Sams have special interest subsets of single RVers. Of course, keep participating in all of the Heartland rallies you can.

Be always thankful that you found each other and the time God gave you together. Via con Dios!!

Power-Stroke

I am so sorry for your loss! I appreciate you taking the time to honor your wife and your journey together by sharing your story. Thank you also for the reminder to live life every day and let those that you care about know how you feel.... tomorrow's not promised!

Thoughts and prayers with you.

Jay

MCTalley

Our heartfelt prayers go out to you.

I lost my father and my step-father both in their early 50's and my mother left us too soon as well. For those reasons, my wife and I decided to full-time now instead of waiting for retirement.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
[SUP]I am so sorry for your loss. Like many others, I have lost many friends and family members to the evil of cancer and I will pray for you. I thank God every day for our full time lifestyle and the good health that we have had and hope it continues for many more years.[/SUP]

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
So sorry to hear of this . . .

We just lost Cathy's dad to cancer back in March . . . he only had three weeks from the time he found out until it took him.

And one of my co-workers just passed on this past week from cancer . . . it was very quick for him, too.

jddelano

Our hearts are grieved over your loss of Carol.

Offered up a prayer for you for the grace of Christ to encourage and heal your wounded spirit and give you discernment for the path He'll provide for you into the future.

May you find comfort and hope in knowing that God himself knows what you are going through as He lost his Son Jesus for a time just for each of us.

Dave and Charlotte

carl.swoyer

So very sorry for your loss of your soulmate. I will think of you I will pray for you. Semper Fi and God bless

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk