27RLSS Exterior light / TV problem

RamblinFever

Hopefully this is in the right spot to post. We recently bought a 2011 Elkridge 27RLSS 5th wheel. This past weekend was the first time to use the trailer. While watching TV I happened to play with some of the switches in the control panel. I turned on the big exterior light at the right front of the trailer. At that moment, the picture on the TV was replaced by an error message stating: " Digital Channel strength is low. ANT/CABLE: 8-1 (cable) " Darn if I can figure out what the light has to do with the antenna. Has anyone experienced this? I sent a message to the owner of the dealership I purchased from at 3pm yesterday. So far, no response.

danemayer

Hi Jim,

There have been a couple of similar reports over the past 2 years that seem related to LED lights. LEDs sometimes have high-speed switching circuitry and there's a possibility that some of those lights could be generating excess electrical noise. Sometimes the replaceable bulbs have the circuitry on board and you just need a new bulb. On others, it might need a new fixture.

Or it could be something else. But I'd try the light first.

RamblinFever

Bought a new LED bulb and appeared to be the problem. After a few minutes, same thing happened. Might have to use a regular bulb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

sengli

We have the same issue, but its with our bedroom lights. Turn on the bedroom LED's and all of the TV's loose their signal. Turn off just those lights, and bingo the signal comes back. Its definitely some type of RF interference with the power feed to those lights. Not a big deal to us though. Figured I would fix this issue, when I traded for the next unit!