Now Where Did I Leave That Checklist?

danemayer

DW comes running inside this morning all excited. "There's a guy going through the park with his awning out. I tried to flag him down, but he didn't see me! He just knocked over a stop sign and ran into a bunch of trees!"

He didn't stop for the stop sign - just mowed it down. But the trees stopped him. Then he tried to pull the awning in. As you can see in the picture, he got it partway closed and went back to his site, presumably to try and get it fully closed.

Never hurts to have a checklist.

RV with Awning Open.jpg

SNOKING

Even the turn on the 4 ways flashers and do a final walk around would have caught that! Chris

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
For hitting a stop sign and some trees, he doesn't seem to have suffered very much damage...???

Must be 'cause it's a Mercedes! :p

I wonder who they borrowed it from :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Even the turn on the 4 ways flashers and do a final walk around would have caught that! Chris

I always do what I call 'The Once Around' before I roll where I walk around the trailer and truck twice and make sure everything that should be down is down and everything that should be up is up!

IronJ

Must be 'cause it's a Mercedes!

I wonder who they borrowed it from :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

I always do what I call 'The Once Around' before I roll where I walk around the trailer and truck twice and make sure everything that should be down is down and everything that should be up is up!
Haha...

I do the walk around look around too...I've been known to forget things...

And a dually diesel will pull a trailer right over your wheel chocks without so much a grunt of effort.... ...smh..

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Power247

Wow!! Talk about being in a hurry to get back on the road 😂

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Domi

X2 X2 X2, Wife hollered loud about doing that one.

Seems I need to get better glasses.

Almost needed a shovel one time to get them out of the dirt. (LOL)

John

kowAlski631

Saw a Class A heading out one morning in Missouri with the TV antenna fully extended. People were trying to wave it down, but they kept rolling - pulling down telephone lines which drug down a pole with an solar light. At this point, the antenna broke off and fell to the ground. They never slowed down. Talked to the campground office who said that they had pictures and would bill the people for the damage.

IronJ

X2 X2 X2, Wife hollered loud about doing that one.

Seems I need to get better glasses.

Almost needed a shovel one time to get them out of the dirt. (LOL)

John
It was my old trailer and they were the plastic ones...flattened em like a crushed can!!..lol..didn't even feel a thing...that's what happens when you only walk down ONE side of your trailer to check things...lol

JohnD

It was my old trailer and they were the plastic ones...flattened em like a crushed can!!..lol..didn't even feel a thing...that's what happens when you only walk down ONE side of your trailer to check things...lol

I use the scissor chocks . . . love them!

IronJ

I had(still have) a set for my old trailer but it had the super wide axles....(and only 2)....I keep saying imma get em for the rw but honestly I toss a few harbor freight rubber chocks under there and set the 6pt and I never remember I want the x chocks...lol..

Kinda like the jt strong arms...I THOUGHT I wanted (needed) them, but the reality is there is hardly any movement in the trailer anyway...so I haven't bothered with that either...

And both of those things made a HUGE difference on my old rig...

JohnD

I love my scissor chocks . . .

I can even do my pull test with them in . . .

AAdams

The worst one I have seen was a Class A that pulled up near the exit pf the park to hook up the car. Once the car was hooked up he forgot to take the emergency brake off and take it out of gear. He then proceeded to make a left and go up the hill. Apparently the 500 hp Class A didn't even pause..... a mile later the car was on fire because all 4 tires had melted and the rims were grinding the road. He apparently was in a big hurry, but ended up really late to the next destination.

Mattman

Anyone see the movie RV with Robin Williams?
They left the park and the sign said:
Awning in
Antena down
WIFE!

diesel_doberman

I do a once around same thing goes through my head every time. Them my wife walks around. We do it separate. Has served us very well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carleen

This is our first fifth wheel. I have to keep reminding myself to look up! It is so tall I keep missing little things- the TV antenna, awning didn't retract all the way... Eventually I'll get used to it!

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

IronJ

I once left my son at an allsups in roswell nm....lol...I put gas, pulled into an empty lot and then put out the slide and made a sandwich while wife changed daughter...we finished up and closed up trailer...I got in truck and asked wife if we were good and she said yeah...so I rolled out.....about 10 min later I get a text..."where yall at"...lol...dang teenagers and thier cell phones...oblivious to the real world!!...

Oregon_Camper

The worst one I have seen was a Class A that pulled up near the exit pf the park to hook up the car. Once the car was hooked up he forgot to take the emergency brake off and take it out of gear. He then proceeded to make a left and go up the hill. Apparently the 500 hp Class A didn't even pause..... a mile later the car was on fire because all 4 tires had melted and the rims were grinding the road. He apparently was in a big hurry, but ended up really late to the next destination.

You have to watch this one....watch the first couple of mins, as the guy filming is pretty funny. Then jump toward the end...you'll be amazed at what the guy in the motorhome does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZFCHk1XCDY

kowAlski631

This is our first fifth wheel. I have to keep reminding myself to look up! It is so tall I keep missing little things- the TV antenna, awning didn't retract all the way... Eventually I'll get used to it!

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

Best advice I got on the antenna - hang your keys or something else you can't leave without from the crank. Working for us almost 4 years.

Martha