Great experience with Trailer Tires and Wheels

Garypowell

Some might recall I was looking to replace a spare tire (original blowmax) in anticipation of a western trip we are now on. Trying to match my Goodyear GR-614’s on the rig now with a Sailun so that when the Goodyear's needed to be replaced I could buy 3 more Sailun's and use the spare and then move one 614 under the rig as the spare.

I was not fully understanding tire numbers and their resultant actual size until Snoking chimed in and pointed out that to have equivalent tires I needed use the Sailun ST235/80R16. That this tire was a closer match to the LT235/85R16 Goodyear's I had.

Then the search was on to find the 80R version of the Sailun. As I searched I could find lots of 85R’s at very good prices but none of those web places had the 80R until I ran across Trailer, tires, and wheels. (www.trailertiresandwheels.com)

Two very helpful people there talked me through my questions and concerns and got me to the point that I fully understood what I was buying. For $210.00 I bought the tire mounted on a rim, balanced and shipped via FedEx. I could not be happier with the help, the price and service. When I am in the market for my other 3 Sailun’s I know who I’ll be calling.

An interesting side note is they told me they had just been purchased by Tread-it. It seems they are going to be the “retail” outlet for Tread-it so they can focus on commercial accounts only.

porthole

Retired
An interesting side note is they told me they had just been purchased by Tread-it. It seems they are going to be the “retail” outlet for Tread-it so they can focus on commercial accounts only.

Well I hope that is not as disappointing as it sounds ...........

Garypowell

Not sure what Portholes concern is. I have had great service from Tred-it too.

i shared the link to this post with Trailer tires and wheels. They wrote back thanking me but sent me a clarification of their relationship with Tred-it as follows:

Just to be clear, Tred-it sells primarily to trailer manufacturers and we are a retail/website presence for them, but we do not only sell their products. We also sell products manufactured by their competitors in order to provide the best possible products and prices to our customers, just as the business has always done since its inception.

The way I stated it originally did make it sound like they would only sell what Tred-it sold.....but it seems they are free to help customers in any way they can.

SNOKING

I was not going to comment on the purchase, however as it has expanded, I guess I will jump in. My thought right out of the gate was a flash to Lippert and their buying everyone they deal with. Tredit could be next. However Tredit ownership traces to The Cypress Companies.

http://www.cypresscompanies.com/about-cypress/investment-history.aspx

Then there is Sumitomo Tires. They own TBC Brands which owns:

Cordovan, Delta, Dynacargo, Harvest King, Multi-Mile, Power King, Sigma, Towmax, Trailer King, Crosswind, Duck CMD, Eldorado, Jetzon, Hational, Sailun, Sumitomo, Towstar, and Vanderbilt.

I thought a few yes a go I traced Tredit to TBC Brands as their owner, but can not find that link right now. They are however a major distributor of TBC Brands' products. Maybe it was Sailun tires that I traced to Sumitomo!

Maybe Tredit Tire will leave Trailer Tires and Wheels to do business as usual or maybe not in the long run, only time will tell.

Tireco, Inc is the other large supplier of trailer tires in North America. They have:

Nankang, Milestar, Westlake, Tracgard, Nanco, Freestar tires, and Forte and Sendel wheels.