GENERATOR HELP Please!

2thdr

Is there a fuel filter or fuse I need to check? Generator runs then shuts down. Blinking light tells me fault code 36. I don't think it is getting fuel. Fault code says check gas. Any help would be appreciated.

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
Is it propane or gasoline generator? There was an issue many months ago with the fuel pumps on the gasoline generator built by Onan.
There is a circuit breaker on the Onan but if it is tripped I don't believe it will fire off. On second thought I think it will fire off but just want generate any current

Don

Last edited:
I took mine back to dealer, it seems the factory had some bad clamps. They replaced it and it works fine now. They also cut an opening on the bottom so I can access the filter and drain oil.

StevieWonder

Junk in the gas will do this also. The filter clogs and/or the jets in the carburetor clog. If it starts after it sits for a few seconds, I'd bet the jets are clogged but definitely flush or change the fuel filter.

2thdr

Thanks for the replies.:) Does anyone know where the fuel filter is? What should I do if the carb ingested something?

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Try the attached pdf diagram - see if it helps! :)

Here is a link for a search for Onan Owners Manuals - hope it works for you; I haven't been able to get it to work on mine. Found my model, just couldn't get the manual. :confused::confused:

This link is for Onan Technical Documents.

Good Luck! :)

Attachments

• Onan Service Diagram.pdf
    34.2 KB · Views: 26

Theganch

Had the same problem.....I took the trailer back, They found that the gas hose had a screw through it somewhere down the line from the factory.