Very Impressed - Considering Big Country

RenoJim

My wife and I have been RVing for over 40-years and have owned every type of RV. Retirement is coming in 6-months with Full-Time living coming soon. Each of you have a good reason that you chose the Big Country, why did you make that choice?
We are very impressed with the 3650RL.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Most of all it would HL customer support with repairs and standing behind their product.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have had 2 Big Countrys thru the years, a 2008 Big Country 3250 (no longer in production) and a 2012 BC 3650. The 3250 we had for over 5 years and love it but went to a bigger model (3650) because of job requirement being out of state which required us to live out of state. We are currently in a Landmark Key Largo. Even tho the LM and BC floor plans are very similar, there are some things that I think the BC had that we liked better than the current LM. At the time we had the BC, full body paint wasn't an option and that is one reason we moved up to the LM and we sure missed the butler bar. Got luck in your hunting.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are on our third Heartland product. We're active in the Owner's Club, and attentive to whatever Heartland is doing in all their lines. We've always been looking at what our "next one" might be.

We love what they've done to move Landmark up, but it's just not our style. Leaned toward a Bighorn, but the price was just out of reach. When this 4010RD Big Country plan debuted, it was finally "the one!" And Big County decor, price and features fit the bill and fit us, perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

Look at the Bighorn 3575el also, very similar! The Big Horn 3575el has the high roof line all the way to the back and very large windows which makes in feel more home like vs trailer. And yes we love the butler pantry area. The only thing we might have changed if we ordered it was to get the residential refrigerator.

Chris

RenoJim

Most of all it would HL customer support with repairs and standing behind their product.
Bob & Patty, thank you for your input which is extremely important. We owned a 2005 Alpenlite which the exterior skin delaminated after about a year and Western RV stood being their product without problem. It's a shame they're no longer in business.

RenoJim

Look at the Bighorn 3575el also, very similar! The Big Horn 3575el has the high roof line all the way to the back and very large windows which makes in feel more home like vs trailer. And yes we love the butler pantry area. The only thing we might have changed if we ordered it was to get the residential refrigerator.

Chris
Thank you Chris, we are also considering Bighorn but more comfortable with the Big Country price point. We agree the 3575el is a great floorplan.

RenoJim

Thank you and your right the 4010RD is being considered, very happy you have enjoyed several HL products.

mlpeloquin

I have a Big Horn and my friend purchased a Big Country. Both units are similar and the interior decor is different such as color and patterns of flooring etc., but the two could be twins. The Big Horn has different options at the time. I don't know if this is still true. He could not get the power reel. I wanted it. So the platform and most of the basic stuff is the same. We were both surprised when we pulled into our local camping group outing with new rigs. Nether one of us knew that the other was purchasing a new rig let alone at the same dealership!

The only thing we would do differently is get the full body paint and the home refrigerator.

RenoJim

Thank you and happy to hear you both made good choices. The Big Country is now avail with the elect cord reel which is very nice.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
One more thing to think about....

The North Texas Chapter leaders bought the same plan as ours in a Bighorn, the 3970RD. At the spring rally, we compared them. The Bighorn has a few more bells and whistles. -- things like slam baggage door locks on the propane compartments, vs twist locks. And extra plug on the exterior, near the awning, with a switch inside. The windows were larger. They had dual day and night shades, where we just had the single night shades. The woodwork and cabinetry trim was fancier.

A few of the bigger differences: The Bighorn has a nicer rear cap, vs flat back end. The Bighorn has full body paint option. The Bighorn has individual slide switches, the BC has one switch for living slides, and one for bedroom slide.

So if those bigger things are of significance to you, go with the Bighorn line. If not, the Big Country is great for full-timing. We love ours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RenoJim

Thanks again for sharing, we want all the info that we can get. While those features are nice they are not have-to-haves. Our home goes on the market next month and our main desire is to have the home we enjoy on wheels and the BC features with the avail options work to achieve that goal. Hopeful BC owners soon!

VKTalley

My wife and I have been RVing for over 40-years and have owned every type of RV. Retirement is coming in 6-months with Full-Time living coming soon. Each of you have a good reason that you chose the Big Country, why did you make that choice?
We are very impressed with the 3650RL.

Hi Jim, my hubby, Malccolm (MCTalley) and I own a Big Country 3650RL. We love it! This is our third Big Country. Our reason for choosing a Big Country...it fits our full-time lifestyle. Another reason we like Heartland product, besides several of the this already mentioned, is when you need help, there is someone here on the forum to help or are only a phone call away. Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.

RenoJim

Hi Jim, my hubby, Malccolm (MCTalley) and I own a Big Country 3650RL. We love it! This is our third Big Country. Our reason for choosing a Big Country...it fits our full-time lifestyle. Another reason we like Heartland product, besides several of the this already mentioned, is when you need help, there is someone here on the forum to help or are only a phone call away. Feel free to contact us with any questions you might have.

Thank you Valerie, we have always found RV owner groups so very helpful. This is a new adventure that we are so looking forward to but full timing will be different after 40-years of weekends and vacation in the RV. With luck we'll meet you in person out on the highway, thank you for sharing.

lynndiwagoner

We purchased the BC 3650RL about 3 years ago. At that time the BC had the rear cap. This one had many options that have proved to be very nice. We added a Splendide washer/dryer, and recently changed out the Nocold for a Samsung residential fridge. I would say that if you didn't boondock, the residential fridge is a must. Changed the blow max tires out to Sailun's. Ours also had the two part shades, and the 6 point leveling system. I would get as many options as possible. We really like the layout and storage of this model. We've had some minor problems with some of the systems, which were manufactured by other companies, but nothing out of the ordinary and Heartland handled all of these easily. Good luck.

RenoJim

Okay y'all you've been very helpful as we take this final step in model/floorplan choice, you have sold us on Heartland and we love the Bighorn 3760EL - what can you tell us about this model?

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Our new Big Country 3560SS is our second Heartland product. The bedroom in this model sold the DW. We include dual awnings, induction range, convection microwave, cord reel and a dishwasher (no not the DW) among other things. After spending a little time in the new toy I think we made a great choice. We both like the large TV and fireplace in the bedroom. Only a couple minor changes I would make. Good Luck on your choice.

Boscowtx

We just bought a 2016 Big Country 3560rl, can wait to take delivery in Oct, will tow with a High Country 2500, looking for tire recommendations for the new rv