Almost ordered...

deee2

Hi, Steve and I have almost decided on a new Bighorn 3055rl We've found one in another state that is much cheaper than the one locally, plus it's the 2009 instead of the 2008. My question is this... does anyone know how the warranty work will work? We won't want to take it to the local dealer if at all possible. Where else can work be done?

Donna :confused:

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Camping World does a good job and usually can handle warranty work on Hartland products. Another suggestion is contact Hartland and ask for other dealers near you.

Be advised, other than Camping World, many dealers do not like to do work on units they have not sold. Some of the work to figure out what is wrong with a unit is normally not covered in the warranty, so they tend to absorb the cost, which is made up in the amount they make on the sale.

BC

ChopperBill

I have to eat my words on buying locally that I said a couple of years ago when we purchased ours. After re-doing most of the warranty work that was done by the dealer I would probably go for the cheapest price next time. The only real problem with that is I would have had to make over a 2000 mile trip to save two grand. Didn't seem to pencil out at the time.
I have got pretty familiar with our Bighorn so tearing into it is not as scary as it once was.

deee2

Thanks for your suggestions. We're starting to get excited. Will be if we place the order on Monday! lol

Donna :)

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
FYI, they are only making 2009 Heartland RVs, so it would behoove you to buy the newer 2009, then get stuck with a 2008 that they stopped making in October 2008. I know because I ordered a 2008 and got a 2009 for the same price in January. For almost the same price you can get a 3400RL or RE.

Last edited by a moderator:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We ordered ours thru an internet dealer, RVpricebusters.com, and picked it up in Ohio. We fulltime, so we probably will never see the selling dealer again. So far getting service hasn't been a problem. If we need some work done, we contact Heartland and they usually have no problem setting us up with a dealer in our current location.

We too have fixed or repaired the small things ourselves, just doesn't make sense to drag it off to a dealer when we can take care of things. Not to mention, if they wanted to keep it over night, we'd need a place to stay. Some dealers don't allow you to stay on their property overnight...most blame that on their insurance carriers.

Warranty work hasn't been an issue at all, so far...and Heartland is great to deal with!

deee2

Well, we didn't 'order' the unit, we bought it! We pick it up this Monday, June 28th in Boise, ID (from Reno, NV). OH MY.... now the excitement. All that thinking was wearing me out! LOL Not only that, but we'll be going to the NV rally. Exciting!

Donna :) and DH, Steve

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Donna & Steve, welcome to the Heartland Family. What year did you end up getting? 08 or 09? Either way I'm sure you will enjoy it.

deee2

Thanks to good advice, we are getting the 2009 Bighorn 3055rl. Just have to go get it about 400 miles from us. Even with that, we're saving over $3,000 and getting the latest model!

Thanks!!!

deee2

awwww, I wish. We looked at where we were in September, and would have had a very difficult time getting to Vegas by the rally. Plus, we saw the average temps in Vegas then... Oregon is much cooler! LOL But we WILL go to a rally when we can.