2007 Bighorn Surround Sound

Kashman

Mark Lawrence
Can anybody explain why the rear channel speakers would be mounted in front of the sofa? There seems to be plenty of room under the over head cabinets to mount them, that way you could actually hear the full effect.:confused:

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Just a guess... but mounting the speakers in an area inside a slide might cause problems with rubbing wires?

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
All of our speakers are in the coaches ceiling. Probably as the last reply, easier for wiring the speakers. Fewer wires to route in the movable slide out. I think ours still sounds pretty impressive for a low buck surround system. Hey what the heck, it's a camper.

hillsonwheels

Has anyone else had a problem with side to side volume on surround sound? Have experienced no sound on left side until volume really cranked. Then left side will pick up and work normally until next off/on cycle. As best I can tell all connections are snug. Suggestions?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Has anyone else had a problem with side to side volume on surround sound? Have experienced no sound on left side until volume really cranked. Then left side will pick up and work normally until next off/on cycle. As best I can tell all connections are snug. Suggestions?

Check your adjustments. If it is like most surround sound systems you will have a front to rear and left and right adjustment as well as a bass and trebel. It is possible your left side adjustment is set too low.

Tom of Ypsi

Hills,

We have had the same problem with our Landmark from day one. This does not happen everytime, especially when I ask someone to help me trace the problem. We know there must be a short somewhere but where is anyones guess. We just live with it and when and if it goes out permanently I will worry about it again.

regan

Regan
What receiver do you have? We had a colby unit on our 2008, it didnt work right first time out. replaced with a Sony unit, solved the problem. Speaker wires usually either work or dont. Speaker wires can easily be checked with continuity checker however I doubt that is the problem. Even an inspensive receiver usually will have a "test" feature that allows you to verify all speakers are working.

Shadowchek

If you search this forum you will see that there have been a lot of problems with the coby system. The coby system is basically something to get you started the wires are good plenty of ins and outs on the tv but the coby just isn't very good. I upgraded to a samsung. Replaced all of the speakers and reciever for under 200 dollars on sale at best buy and now it sounds fantastic.

Greg

This was what I did posted a few months ago.

After reading about the reliability of the coby we recieved and listening to it I decided to upgrade.These all in one systems come with speakers so I wanted to use them if possible. So I needed to find a system that had speakers that would easily mount to the ceiling and clear the slides.I found a samsung HT-Z310 system that fit the bill. It was on sale at Best buy for a little under $ 200.00 . The speakers twist lock on to the base so I could mount the base then the speakers. I drilled holes in the bases for the speaker wires to come through on the back side. I then pre drilled 4 holes one on each side of the base for mounting the base to th roof. I then pulled the wires through the hole I had drilled and screwed the bases to the ceiling I then twist locked the speakers to the base and hooked up the wires. Now on the center channel speaker it is 10"'s or so wide was not quite as stable as the rest of the speakers and followed the contour of the roof noticeably which bugged me. So I made a little bracket that mounts to the ceiling that keeps the speaker level and stable. I then took some spackle and filled what holes that weren't covered and there aren't noticible unless you are looking for them. The center channel is a little more obvious because it wasn't centered originally and I centered it leaving the hole where the wires come through somewhat exposed. I filled that gap with spackle and will come back to refine that later but then again I am the only one that has noticed that one either. Now we don't have the fireplace so I was able to remove the old subwoofer and devider board. The new subwoofer was about as wide as the old one was long so I turned it sideways and reinstalled the devider board. The new reciever itself is a little tight in the cabinet but works. Our last trip out we watched a scarry movie and it was incredible. At less than half volume I had everyone telling me it was too loud. I have listened to music and watched concerts on it it is great. All the wiring is there for a little work and a little money you are dialed in. Next trip out I will take some pics.

Greg
Heartland owners club Member #1036
//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/progress.gif​