Insert for table leg holes in floor

IronJ

For those of you with removable tables, what if anything do you put in all the holes in the floor.....I got 7 pole holes in my rig and my daughter seems to get her lil feet in em, or crunch up cereal and/or whatever in them...

Any ideas or tips?..a plastic cap would have been a genius idea (hint hint heartland lol)

Jeremy

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jeremy
The first thing I thought of was a rally dense packing foam. You could use a hole saw to cut it the right size. I'm sure the first one would take a bit of a learning curve but once you figured it out you could make a handful of them.
That was just a quick fix I'm sure you'll come across something that would work better. If I come up with something better I'll let you know. What size are the holes.

1232_112_1438513541.jpg

Just thought of another one, what about the swimming pool noodles ? I think there to big though.

Found this on google search. It's for the umbrella hole in a picnic table.
http://www.teak.com/english/patio-furniture-parasols-4PRSS.shtml

Last edited:

IronJ

Hmm...both are viable...I even thought about a tapered wood "plug"..

Or can you buy just the caps that are on the end of the table poles?...

I could flip it over and have the smooth end up ....

Hmm....late night pondering always gets me in trouble!! Lol

IronJ

e8d5effa0ea2f8434e3449c5771d3067.jpg

Well..found these...there were only 3 but I got em all..

To be continued...........

Lol

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
For those of you with removable tables, what if anything do you put in all the holes in the floor.....I got 7 pole holes in my rig and my daughter seems to get her lil feet in em, or crunch up cereal and/or whatever in them...

Any ideas or tips?..a plastic cap would have been a genius idea (hint hint heartland lol)

Jeremy

Tell your daughter to get used to this and figure it out . . .

There is only so much we can do around here to help you out!

LBR

Hi Jeremy...we have a similar TH on order (Cyclone)....our dealer is still checking on availability, but we are trying to replace all the table posts with the cam lock type and hoping that the factory won't even put the holes into our flooring. If they do and we can get the cam lock poles and bases, we will plug those holes permanently and I'll install the cam lock bases right over the tops of holes.

IronJ

Tell your daughter to get used to this and figure it out . . .

There is only so much we can do around here to help you out!
Haha...telling a 3yr old anything is futile...

I think the caps I ordered will hit the spot!!..

They even have a tiny hole in middle so I can use a lil hook to pop em out if I ever need to..

porthole

Retired
I'm pretty sure the pedestal end caps are tapered, and may not fit putting them in upside down. Or, they will fit one time.

IronJ

I got em...and they are a little tapered...only about half way tho..I may have to trim them...

The dealer actually called today and said my rig was finally done!!..so I can actually try them..

Oh well if they don't work they were cheap...and worth a shot..definantly not the first bright idea I had that got quickly put to rest!! Lol

RottsNScotts

This is one of my million dollar ideas as I have the same problem with dog paws and dog hair in the holes!

Someone needs to modify the plug that they already make for kitchen sinks so that it is large enough to fit in the floor holes with a ring on the top that lays down into the top of the plug so it is flat but can be pulled up to pull the plug out!

(My other million dollar idea is height adjustable handles on wheelchairs!)

IronJ

Well...figure it out and I'll buy some from you!! Lol..

Skywrench

Full Timer
This same problem drove us crazy. We rarely use our tables and the holes are a problem. DW found the perfect solution - flexible plumbing cap. Just remove the hose clamp and put them in. I can't remember what size she used. Just bring a tape measure with you when you go to the hardware store. They slide in easy and can be removed with a small screwdriver.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 24

IronJ

This same problem drove us crazy. We rarely use our tables and the holes are a problem. DW found the perfect solution - flexible plumbing cap. Just remove the hose clamp and put them in. I can't remember what size she used. Just bring a tape measure with you when you go to the hardware store. They slide in easy and can be removed with a small screwdriver.

see I knew eventually one the camper MacGyver's on here would come through with the good stuff!!! LOL....thanks skywrench!! ill pick some of those up next time I'm at the depot!

Sorry JohnD......I wont be able to get your autographed prototype idea for a million now....LOL

Jeremy

Dclaws54

I went down to the office supply store and bought the the right size plugs that are for desks with holes for cords. Work's great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

IronJ

I went to home Depot but I could not find those caps. The really helpful, lady asked what I needed em for ...so rather than go into a long description I just said "a project "...to which she replied "well I dunno hun...try the project store"....now that's customer service!! Lol

porthole

Retired
They are usually between the PVC fittings and the brass/bronze steel fittings in the plumbing isle.
Ask test plugs, should be right near there.

Or give them this to scan

[h=2]Model # PQC-102[/h] [h=2]Internet # 100372303[/h] [h=2]Store SKU # 688061[/h] [h=2]Store SO SKU # 1000673567[/h]
[h=1]2 in. PVC DWV Flexible Cap[/h]
3e25856a-bd25-4192-b561-4dbc20c5be68_1000.jpg

IronJ

That's what I figured...walked up and down that Isle no less than 4 times...likely why the lady came to (attempt) to assist me!! Lol

I'll look again next time

U2fletch

In the spirit of over engineering....

I bring my digital calipers with me whenever in the RV so designed and 3D printed these plugs for the floor. Printed using black ABS. Plugs are slightly tapered and hollow, but are quite strong. They have a very small lip around the top which acts as a seal to prevent dust/debris from slipping into the hole.

52bc63e3e3cf88bcfb3c53761cf526ce.jpg

If anyone wants to download and print their own, I uploaded the design onto Thingiverse.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1713793

Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I made some out of plumbing pvc. It took some grinding to taper the bottom
i used some matching diamond tread in the garage and found some extra carpet under the stairs behind the basement bulkhead for the kitchen to match the flooring

the short pipe section is cut to size and lifts the plug so it's flush with the cup for the table leg

image.jpg image.jpg

2010 Ram 3500 HD traded in for new 2015 3500 HD DRW mega cab with 3.42 gears
I haven't hooked up yet, we'll see how it pulls with 17" wheels. (Pulls great !)
2014 Cyclone 3100
G614 Goodyears
Good Sam gps
Trimark keyed alike
Xantex 2000 watt inverter "Inverter Service Center"
Blue Sea System toggle source selector
L.E.D. running lights
Quadra Bigfoot levelers
Dexter wet bolts
Boyo wireless backup camera
EMS-HW50C
TST 507RV
Smittybuilt air compressor
Splendide 2100XC
26k Husky hitch
Mor Ryde pin box
6-volt 240 AH batteries
Added dinette
Replaced L.E.D. tail lights with Leading Edge Trailer light bars (made in the US)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited: