bathroom vent fan/motor

Bobby A

Hope this is the right place to post this.
I'm getting tired of replacing the cheap vent motor in the bathroom about every year or every other year at best. It starts sounding like a freight train and get annoying, I do put a little 3n1 motor oil and it help for a while. My question to you all is has anyone removed the whole vent and replaced it with the fantastic/create-A Breeze Fan/vent ?? Is so what was the procedure ?? Camping World has a sale on the Create-A-Breeze fans and for club members its a 55 dollar savings. It says it fits 14X14 openings for bathrooms. Thank you, Bobby A

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Bobby, I replaced it with a one speed Heng Vortex fan. Perfect fit and all done from inside. In the bedroom, I installed another one with multiple forward and reverse speeds. They are quieter and don't jazz up the OTA TV reception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sengli

Me too .....thumbs up for the vortex replacement. Fits the OEM opening, and is wired to the same 12V thats already there.

MTPockets

I put in the Fantastic fan when our rig was new. Dropped into the same opening. Caulked it good an used existing elec wires... Works great now almost four years.

pegmikef

Yeah Vortex is the way to go and I would recommend the multispeed reversible one. Works great for exhausting stale odorous air or drawing fresh air in.

Bobby A

O.k. Heartland family, I just did the install on the Vortex fan, it took maybe all of 35 minutes, the hardest part was to make sure the wires were not visable so I put a small piece of Gorella tape on the inside of the fan to hide the wires, as you all said, its all done from the inside. It does make the bathroom a little darker though but that is no big deal. This Heartland forum has helped me out once again, you guys/gals are GREAT. Thanks again, O, BTW, camping world had the Vortex 1 on sale right now.
Bobby

Bobby A

Bobby, I replaced it with a one speed Heng Vortex fan. Perfect fit and all done from inside. In the bedroom, I installed another one with multiple forward and reverse speeds. They are quieter and don't jazz up the OTA TV reception.

Well its been close to a week or so since I installed the Vortex fan and thought I should post back. The one speed fan does not seem very quiet, maybe because its in a small bathroom ?? was wondering if the multi speed ones are quieter maybe a lower speed on the lowest setting. Also I've noticed the fan ever so slightly rubs on the screen insert. I can move the insert around to get it to stop but it doesn't wanna stay in that position. Its not that big of a deal just a little annoying. My neighbor bought the same fan and has the same issues and concerns as mine.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well its been close to a week or so since I installed the Vortex fan and thought I should post back. The one speed fan does not seem very quiet, maybe because its in a small bathroom ?? was wondering if the multi speed ones are quieter maybe a lower speed on the lowest setting. Also I've noticed the fan ever so slightly rubs on the screen insert. I can move the insert around to get it to stop but it doesn't wanna stay in that position. Its not that big of a deal just a little annoying. My neighbor bought the same fan and has the same issues and concerns as mine.

I felt the same way about the Vortex fan, too loud and an annoying "tone" at that. Tried the three speed and had same annoying sounds. Ended up replacing the whole thing with a 3 speed reversible Fantastic Fan, which was amazing!!!!

Bobby A

I felt the same way about the Vortex fan, too loud and an annoying "tone" at that. Tried the three speed and had same annoying sounds. Ended up replacing the whole thing with a 3 speed reversible Fantastic Fan, which was amazing!!!!

I'm wondering if the regular style max air cover I have on makes it more noisy ?? Did you have a cover on yours ?? It sure does seem to work GREAT but I was expecting it to be a lot quieter !!

JohnDar

I'm surprised you find the sound of the Vortex more annoying than the OEM fans. The fan should not be rubbing on the screen unless it got damaged or installed wrong. The MaxxAir covers don't affect it. At least mine don't. Your mileage may vary.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I don't think the MaxxAir cover made a difference.

JohnDar

Actually, the Fantastic Fan is louder than my Vortex multi-speed in the bedroom. We can leave it on at night and sleep well.

Bobby A

I'm surprised you find the sound of the Vortex more annoying than the OEM fans. The fan should not be rubbing on the screen unless it got damaged or installed wrong. The MaxxAir covers don't affect it. At least mine don't. Your mileage may vary.

Yea John I'm surprised also, don't get me wrong, it works GREAT, as you suggested, maybe my ears are getting more sincitive in my old age. I just wanted to get some feedback from other people that have it. It sure is a lot quicker to install than the alternative.

pegmikef

Mine is a little loud if I am in the bathroom standing under it, but we normally run ours on the lowest setting and the bathroom door is always closed (the gap at the bottom of the door is sufficient to create a draw from windows), so we don't even notice it.
t

mlpeloquin

Well once again this forum has caused me to spend more money. Don't care about the noise but do care about air flow when taking a shower and doing the deed. So I am getting the Vortex multi speed delivered on Monday. The stock fan is noisy and does not pull much air at all. Had a vortex in the old Class C. Good fan for the bathroom.

Carleen

I will be next on the list to order for the same reasons!

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL