Torklift or Lippert Replacement Steps

rxbristol

I've tried out the Lippert replacement aluminum steps and liked them. There are several, in this forum, that have the Glowstep by Torklift and they really like it, but I've not stepped on them. I'm leaning toward the Lippert brand. Is there anyone that has tried both and have a preference, or does not like the Lippert steps?

I appreciate your input.

GOTTOYS

I replaced a 3 step steel unit on my trailer with a 4 step set of Tork Lift Glo-Steps. My first real chance to use them was last weekend when we went out for 4 days. I've climbed a couple sets of the new Lippert aluminum steps and while I liked them there are a few differences. The Tork Lift steps with their adjustable supports that go to the ground are rock solid. No bouncing, no movement. They are a little harder to deploy and store but I still need more practice. The Tork Lift steps are not as wide. I really like the fact that the spacing is always equal on them and if you need to another step it can be added. Very easy to install and I can lock my steps in the closed position to help deter any would be thieves from using them to gain access to my trailer while I have it stored. Lifetime warranty and very well made. No rivets, all aluminum and stainless construction on the steps themselves. Overall I'm very happy with them and would buy them again... Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We had a three step on our ElkRidge and it was very hard on my knees if the ground was falling away from the rig. Even fell/slipped a few times!

When we got the Big Country, 4 steps were better, but still the last step was always a little closer or a little farther from the ground than the other steps. Plus, they were heavy and hard to fold up. I noticed as they got older, they were getting more difficult to move!

We decided to try the GlowStep Revolution Steps, and WOW! what a difference. As mentioned above, very stable, no bouncing when we go in or out of the rig. You literally cannot tell someone is on the steps when you are inside.

We've had them for a few months, traveled from TX to Missouri, halfway across TX for another trip and a few other short trips, plus we use them every day as fulltimers.

They get easier and easier to deploy and stow. Just as quick as the old ones, now.

They haven't shown any signs of wear and tear.

They are narrower than the OEM steps, but I got used to it after a few weeks.

They have tiny ridges on the steps that help grab your soles of your shoes, and you will not slip on these steps when wet.

How do they compare to the Lippert aluminum? All I can say is rigs that have them, they still bounce, and they still have uneven step sizes based on the terrain.

E

Garypowell

I hear that Morryde is coming out with some new steps this fall. Based on the quality of their other products you might want to put off your decision for a couple of months.

sengli

I have gone thru several new coaches at the local dealer that had the lippert aluminum steps. I thought they were sturdy and and had large steps. I ended up getting the torklift version for very little more money, than the lippert was listed for. The torkilft versions have the two feet that contact the ground, to help support the load, the lippert versions I saw did not. On my coach using torklifts measuring guide, I ended up going from a OEM three step unit to a four step torklift. Huge difference for us.

Attachments

• stairs1.jpg
    stairs1.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 57

mlpeloquin

Installed the GlowStep in June of this year and we love them. My wife is an amputee and needs the firm steps. I just installed the GlowGlide as well. She now has a good hand rail the goes all the way to the last step. It installs and removes with a pin on the top leg and side support. Here is mine with the added Lock on the left.
Glow Step With Lock.jpg

The rail clears the slide by a half inch. The feet adjust to what ever the terrain is and the top of the step also can adjust down as well so there is plenty of adjustment for what ever site we have been in. With four steps, the rail does work with the slide on the rail side.
Install Done.jpg

Top and side support pins.
Top Support.jpg Side Support Mount.jpg

rxbristol

Thanks, everyone, for your inputs--it really helped

I hear that Morryde is coming out with some new steps this fall. Based on the quality of their other products you might want to put off your decision for a couple of months.

Gary, thank you for the MORryde heads-up--I'm going to wait for their step's debut.