Residential Refer

fin72fan

Well took the new Gateway out on a week long trip. except for the fact that the inverter is not powering the res fridge. remote switch lights up but light in fridge does not come on and food was starting to warm up. we didn't travel more than 3 or 4 hrs between stops so was not a big problem. is there any other switch or button or whirligig duhicky that needs something done to it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Did you check the small transfer switch plug at the invertor ? Lets start there. Take something out there and plug it directly into the invertor. A phone charger, a drop light, hair dryer, anything you have . That will tell us if the Invertor is working . then we can move down the line from there.

fin72fan

I have had the same issue from time to time and have always found the GFI on the inverter tripped, reset it and good to go. It is seldom that it trips but are
now in the habit of making sure the frig display is lit after unplugging from sure power. Hope it is this simple for you too.

Skip

mlpeloquin

Unplugging from shore power can also trip the 12V circuit breaker that has to be manually reset. Never happens if a switch or breaker is snapped off first before removing the power connector. Don't know if you are in a habit of switching off the power prior to pulling the power plug. If you don't have a breaker or switch, I assume at home prior to leaving, you can install a switched socket in place of a standard socket.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
On another note about residential refers in RV's, another camper at our CG with a newer BH was telling me that his refer would not turn on. Had power at the outlet, but the refer was dead. Naturally, HL washed their hands of it, so he contacted Frigidaire, the refer manufacturer. They gave him a list of contacts in the area, but none of them would touch it, including the dealer he bought the rig from. Either they didn't have anyone with knowledge of working on a residential unit, or they refused because it was in a RV and didn't want to be liable for damages.

He ended up taking it downstate to a dealer near his home that said they would work on it.

mlpeloquin

Some have reported that some converters did not have the capacity to handle the inrush current of the compressor. It may not be the refrigerator.

fin72fan

The only thing I have done is trip and reset the gfi on the inverter, check and trip and reset circuit breaker in coach. Also when using remote switch it will turn on but I don't see any lights on the inverter and the fan doesn't come on. Will try plugging it into a different power source. Thanks again for everyone's help.

fin72fan

Just reset breaker again and pressed on/off button . now when I use the remote I do get it to turn on. shows a flashing code of 00.0 and 13.7(or L,31) had to use mirror to read display. Can't find a code like that in the book so am heading out to web site.

fin72fan

To the Jess's have tried plugging phone charger in. No luck is displaying a couple codes but nothing that matches anything in the user guide. Have planned to take coach back to dealer for a couple of other issues. will add this to list.
Thanks for the help.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Sorry to hear sound like a bad invertor
If you reset the invertor gfi and tried to turn it on at the invertor itself.
Did you check the big battery cables going to the invertor. I would guess there ok seeings there lights on it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1tandem

I have 3 plugs with GFI, one near stove, another near kitchen sink, and the third is in the bath room. If any of these are tripped, or the 1 at the inverter, the residential refer will not work. If the green light comes on, then you hear a beeping sound, you have a tripped GFI. At least that is the case with my camper.