Titan Fuel Tank for RAM 3500

Aandaar

I searched through the threads but really did not find my answer. So here it is.

1. I want to put the Titan tank in my RAM, does anyone have this and how is it working for you?

2. Can you reprogram the on board computer to reflect the added fuel for DTE?

I know their are a lot of you Ford guys out their and that the Fords can be reprogram so if possible can we stay on topic for a RAM application.

Let the debate begin!

jnbhobe

Most of the Ram guys around here just use the gravity feed, it seems to work for them and doesn't screw up the computer.

I did extensive research on Titan v/s Transfer flow tanks. Titan is a Poly tank and Transfer Flow is metal. Ended up with Transfer Flow and couldn't be happier. Had it installed at their factory in Chico, Ca. but they have installers all across the country. Their customer service is wonderful. Highly recommend them.. Went with the replacement tank for the original. Increased from 27 gal to 50 gal in my Ford F350 CC short bed. If you haven't completely decided on Titan, (more expensive) you should look at Transfer Flow.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Not sure if you are replacing your factory tank or adding a second tank??
I have a 55 gallon aux bed tank in my 2016 Ram, it has been in three Ram trucks with no issues. The previous Rams had gravity feed with a ball valve, the 16 Ram I have aux switches on the dash so hooked up a small pump. I have not had any problems with it interfering with my on board computer which only reads from the factory tank. While the gravity feed works great, I enjoy just flipping the switch and filling and or shutting the flow off when ever I want.

Aandaar

I did extensive research on Titan v/s Transfer flow tanks. Titan is a Poly tank and Transfer Flow is metal. Ended up with Transfer Flow and couldn't be happier. Had it installed at their factory in Chico, Ca. but they have installers all across the country. Their customer service is wonderful. Highly recommend them.. Went with the replacement tank for the original. Increased from 27 gal to 50 gal in my Ford F350 CC short bed. If you haven't completely decided on Titan, (more expensive) you should look at Transfer Flow.

I have been doing the research also, Transfer Flow, unless I am missing it does not make a replacement tank for the OEM tank, Titan does. I am trying not to put anything in the bed of the truck and keep my overall weight gain under 200 pounds. With the Titan tank I only gain about 175 pounds above the OEM 31 gallon tank. Those of us with SRWs need to be mindful of weight gains.

Yes we should have gotten a DRW but the truck was a XMAS gift and at the time a 5th wheel was not in our future. I need to work within my weight limitations.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 60 gal. auxiliary tank in the bed of my RAM. This is its second truck it has been in.
Although it is gravity fed I installed a solenoid valve, so like Gary, all I need to do is flip a switch and it feeds the OEM tank.
So your looking at a $700 + - for an easy self install vs $1,300 + - for a more difficult install.
Not to mention that you will add 60 gallons to your OEM 32 gallon tank. That's 92 gallons vs 55 gallons of the Titan.
One thing worth noting is that on a 60 gallon tank, 55 gallons is a realistic number.

Peace
Dave

Bohemian

I have the Titan replacement tank in my 2015 Ram 3500 long bed. It has been an excellent change. It fits where the old oem tank was and extends back to within a few inches of the rear axle.

Aandaar

I have the Titan replacement tank in my 2015 Ram 3500 long bed. It has been an excellent change. It fits where the old oem tank was and extends back to within a few inches of the rear axle.

Bohemian

Where you able to reprogram got the larger tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

Bohemian

Bohemian

Note yet. Everything I have read on many fora is that the dealer can do it. So far I have been unable to get information on the secret method. The only thing 8t will change is the miles remaining in the range.

ncc1701e

Bohemian

Just call Titan and ask them. When I changed mine Titan sent instructions on the program changes the local Ford dealer needed. Local Ford garage made the changes and it works fine. Titan may well be able to answer your question best.

Oregon_Camper

Can't answer the reprogramming question, but wanted to give you another recommendation for Transfer-Flow. I had a 45 gallon (low profile so I can close cover) tank added to my F-350 and LOVE it. I had the switch/gauge installed in the middle console, so I can simply open it and flip on the pump when I want it on. The system supports leaving it on all the time and it will fill once the main tank hits 3/4 tank. I'd simply want to control the pump vs having it go automatically.

IronJ

I don't have a ram anymore but thought I would add my 2 cents as they are relative to the discussion.

1. I have owned tanks from tractor supply, Northern, transfer flow and titan...they all worked...the Titan is considerably more expensive...BUT. it's polymer..it will last longer than your truck probably.....it's WAY lighter than a comparable metal tank ....it don't squeak....it don't take up decent chunk of usable space in your bed...it works without user input (no switches,hoses,pumps or spilled diesel)....no condensation or corrosion worries...if those things make a difference to you then it's the one..

2. I had the super series for the short bed crew cab on my former 2012...the truck was programmed for the bigger tank but to be honest I don't know if it was programmed in the factory settings or via the tuner I had installed...

I am now on my 3rd truck with a titan tank and would never consider another...granted there are benefits to an in bed, I strictly use my trucks to tow a 5th wheel...so I don't need any other access to the fuel nor will I ever need to tote red diesel...

Again the others I had before worked fine....and were cheaper...but unless I have a need to pump diesel to another vehicle I will never put a tank in my bed again...

sent from space via an invisible beam from a flying metal dish

Domi

We have had a Titan in out truck since we first towed back in 2005. We are very happy with it and when the first got messed up at the dealers replacing the level sensor Titan cut a deal on a new one (dealer through in free labor because they messed it up). Never had a problem and love the 2X capacity from the 26 Gal we started with.

We have never reprogramed, since it is double the the amount of fuel we just double the miles. We generally do not run less then 1/4 tank just to never run out.

With the North Trail going from Salina to Denver battling headwinds we turned on the low fuel light (never seen that before). Since then the 1/4 tank rule has come into effect.

Good luck with your decision,

John