Purchased a New OAKMONT 385qb!

diesel_doberman

I am so excited. The wife and I will be picking up our new Heartland Oakmont 385qb. We could not find any real reviews about the Oakmont line. We fell in love with the floor plan the first time we had seen it almost two years ago. Best part.... Comes with an outside adult beverage mini fridge.

We added a few extras to the rig.

Whole RV surge protector.
2nd A/C
6 point hydraulic leveling
Residential fridge
Also has an electric fireplace, (hoping we won't need to run a space heater)
Has washer and dryer hook up. (Hate finding laundromat sand wasting camp time there)
Also we went back and forth with a generator or not. We decided to have them install a shore hook up at the front of the camper so we could run a Portable in the truck bed. This is tied into a automatic transfer switch.

This is our first fifth wheel. Have a B&W turn ball. Purchased the B&W companion hitch to pull with.
750fd77eba947491515a88b3787e9c87.jpg
69f8fd1062a9c54afc903f7fe78e90ed.jpg
2bd5609e53d29b7eb4cf0f56d24cf783.jpg
563b9d8f54a011e339a5b2210f0a63c5.jpg
ca4b376b274fe4faeab99b68efa17d9c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

justafordguy

Congrats on your new Oakmont, it's a beauty. I hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy our gateway. And you're right about the outdoor fridge, I love mine too. :cool:

Jv75353

Congratulations on your new Oakmont and for the pictures, nice looking rig! Enjoy and wishing you safe travels.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Congratulations on your "vacation home on wheels". Now all ya have to do is check out a Heartland Rally near you. It's a great way to meet other Heartland owners. Enjoy and happy travels.

diesel_doberman

I will be picking it up this week. Wednesday or Thursday. Never purchased a new camper. What are some of the things I should ask for or question the dealer about. I already have a list of questions on my phone the make sure they cover the items I have never had before, (surge protector, 6 point level and on board vacuum).

Is there anything I can ask for like freebies.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Attached is a copy of someones PDI list. Basically have the dealer show and demonstrate the operation of everything.
And freebies are good, take what you can get out of them. Power cord adapters, hoses, hitch, what ever you haggling skills can get you.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• PDI_V113_2 (1).pdf
    92.4 KB · Views: 9