Just A Comment About The Owners Forum

BigGuy82

I'm not new to towing or RV'ing. That said, I'm a newbie when it comes to fifth wheels and I'm also the type of guy who tries to anticipate everything that can happen as much as humanly possible. This means I'm always trying to figure out all of the angles before hand. I also realize there's no substitute for experience ... which brings me to this comment.

In the short time I have been a member, I've learned a tremendous amount from you all about many aspects of this lifestyle. By getting input from you, I've saved money by not buying what I likely won't need, you actually convinced me to change the order for my new truck from an F250 to an F350, I've learned about some very helpful tools (Heartland User Guides, Heartland Owners Manuals, etc.) ... the list goes on.

I've belonged to a number of forums in the past that covered a variety of interests, but this forum has been, by far, the best. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to my ongoing education. And ... I'll do my best to repay the favors and to pay it forward to future newbies.

Thanks!

Oregon_Camper

Agree!! I'm still amazed by the vast amount of knowledge you can get off this forum. Everyone is great...always willing to lend hand.

Did you see the thread the other day about a guys who's truck broke down and another member drove to his house to get his RV from his house and put it back in storage for him! Sooooo cool!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm right there too.
However this is my first and only forum and my first participation in any sort of club or group sense 4-H & FFA. LOL
I have been using this forum not quit 1 year yet and I amazed what I have learned here. I big part of what I've learned on here was from reading the forum and asking the questions. The rest is from having access to the answers when I need help. This gave me the Inspiration to dive in and do projects I wouldn't have attempted before. I have turned our beautiful Landmark 365 into one of the most comfortable, user friendly, self contained, Fithwheel RV that I've ever owned. The more I do the more I learn. There are some incredibly smart and handy people on here. And I've learned something from all of you. Thanks for sharing

Safe Travels
Jerrod

Oregon_Camper

I'm right there too.
I have been using this forum not quit 1 year yet and I amazed what I have learned here.

Time flies by...it looks like you've been a member since May 2015...so you have broke the 1 year mark.

But Holy "Cranking out the Posts" Batman....you're over 2k post in that short amount of time. WOW!!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

DW singed up in May but I didn't catch on tell about this time last year. Project LM 365 first started on 8/12/15 and I'm sure I had been on here a bit before that.
It says 60637 views already that's crazy.��

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BusManRG

I set this account up for my husband, but I've become addicted. He gets home from work and one of the first things he asks is "What did you learn from the forum today?" Seriously. And our unit is still in limbo back in Indiana waiting for the factory to reopen so we don't even have our BH yet!!!! Our garage resembles an Amazon warehouse and everyday is like Christmas! Today's arrival was a pex crimping tool and fittings and that little thing for tightening cable fittings. But like Big Guy said below, we believe in being prepared. And so much of this is different from what we just had on the Class C. We have friends that have been shopping with us for a 5th wheel also. The husband is over the top handy and I've been promoting this forum to them as a selling point. I've been following multiple forums during our last couple of years shopping and I know there is no other forum out there quite like this one.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I set this account up for my husband, but I've become addicted. He gets home from work and one of the first things he asks is "What did you learn from the forum today?" Seriously. And our unit is still in limbo back in Indiana waiting for the factory to reopen so we don't even have our BH yet!!!! Our garage resembles an Amazon warehouse and everyday is like Christmas! Today's arrival was a pex crimping tool and fittings and that little thing for tightening cable fittings. But like Big Guy said below, we believe in being prepared. And so much of this is different from what we just had on the Class C. We have friends that have been shopping with us for a 5th wheel also. The husband is over the top handy and I've been promoting this forum to them as a selling point. I've been following multiple forums during our last couple of years shopping and I know there is no other forum out there quite like this one.

Love it !!!
We know Amazon makes a fortune off of this forum that for sure.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Did you see the thread the other day about a guys who's truck broke down and another member drove to his house to get his RV from his house and put it back in storage for him! Sooooo cool!

Not the first time thats happened and I'm sure not the last. An incredible bunch of people.

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
I too have learned a lot from this forum. I wait for every new mod from jesstalkn and jbeletti. Jesstalkn even got me to replace my brand new 2015 Ram 3500 SRW with a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW!

Bill & Irene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
I did ? Or is that what your telling DW.

Well, yes and yes:) I posted a pic of our Landmark with our SRW and you asked a simple question, "will those SRW's handle 9000 lbs?" That's when I started checking all of my weights and found that I was overloaded by a few pounds. I like to be on the safe side of things, so I started a search for a dually. About $70,000 later, I'm good! The DW was in shock at first, but now she is in love with the new truck. And I didn't spend one night on the couch

Bill & Irene

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

LOL bill I'm glad you upgraded to a safer set up. I lost a right rear tire on my 2003 SRW Duramax and realized my family's safety was more important than having a smaller truck to drive around. My toyhauler was about the same weight as my Landmark. So it's been DRW from then on.

Glad to hear DW is ok now. I'm sure she can feel the difference especially in the wind.

jbeletti

Dick and Patti - I am pleased to read that you are really benefitting from the Heartland Owners Forum. I created it back in October 2005 and great moderators and product owners have made it what it is today. Thank you owners and moderators for making the Heartland Owners Forum a great resource for Heartland owners and prospective owners.

Lou_and_Bette

Not the first time thats happened and I'm sure not the last. An incredible bunch of people.

And, you definitely fall in that group!

For those of you that are amazed by the help and knowledge you get on the forum, start attending some rallies and you will get all that and often many extra hands on assistance and fellowship with a great bunch of people. It is heartwarming to see a group of guys headed somewhere and when you follow along they usually end up at one of the members rig's with sleeves rolled up, tools, and parts to resolve an issue. To paraphrase the words of one of my favorite Country songs, "I Love This Club."

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

For those of you that are amazed by the help and knowledge you get on the forum, start attending some rallies and you will get all that and often many extra hands on assistance and fellowship with a great bunch of people. It is heartwarming to see a group of guys headed somewhere and when you follow along they usually end up at one of the members rig's with sleeves rolled up, tools, and parts to resolve an issue. To paraphrase the words of one of my favorite Country songs, "I Love This Club."

I thought that was "I Love This Bar!" . . . :cool:

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired

Right back at ya brother (from another mother) don't forget to bring your mug to Vegas!!!
FB_IMG_1469413809852.jpg