From a Woman's Perspective - New Owner's Kit

cjbearden

Visitor
Along with the new owner's packet of manuals, it would be extremely nice if the following could also be included:
8 oz. can of touch up paint to match Cherry
8 oz. can of putty (or caulk) to match Cherry
Cherry wood crayon
6 ft. of border trim
6 ft. of wall seam tape

Reason for this request is to allow new owner to make the numerous small "correction fixes" that may not always be found during a PDI or that a prep tech doesn't want to fix for us.

Examples: crooked/wrinkled and/or missing border trims; bubbled/wrinkled seam tapes; wood buttons covering screws on chairs not stained; edge of dining table not stained; numerous under-cabinet places where wood was never stained; areas on pocket doors not stained; nicks/scratches in wood found after taking delivery (and future nicks/scratches that can occur with use).

IMO these are items easily fixed by the owner which will allow techs time to handle the bigger, more important items.

Thanks Heartland for your consideration. You have listened to HL owners over the years and made many great improvements to the Heartland products for which we are immensely greatful.

Curious to know why the window opposite the bathroom in the Augusta has no side window treatment???? Going from a Bighorn to the Augusta causes one to have to rethink what they are wearing (or not wearing) before heading to the kitchen for midnight snack:D

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Curious to know why the window opposite the bathroom in the Augusta has no side window treatment???? Going from a Bighorn to the Augusta causes one to have to rethink what they are wearing (or not wearing) before heading to the kitchen for midnight snack:D

I believe the floorplan of the Augusta is like the 3670RL? I think the sides are left off of the window treatment in question to prevent it from hitting you in the arm every time you walk by??? That is a narrow "hall" and I know I would be hitting the sides of the window treatment every time I carried something into the bedroom. But maybe I'm just a clutz....:D

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
My thought is why pay for something (and you would end up paying for it in the price of your rig) for something that Heartland would usually supply to you just by calling and asking? A lot of the items you mentioned are easily and cheaply picked up at a hardware store if you didn't feel like waiting for it. Each rig has it's own little set of flaws so a new owners kit would likely not even have what your glitch may be.

We have the 3670 which is the same floor plan as the Augusta and there is a window treatment (blinds and top valance) over that window. There are no side treatments due to what Ziggy said, I believe. If you don't have blinds, you may want to mention that to your dealer, it sounds like a glitch. Maybe if you have to go in and have that installed you could have the other flaws dealt with at the same time.

Just my thoughts,,, Lizzy

cjbearden

Visitor
Stain/Putty Stick On the Way

:DEmailed HL customer service yesterday. Received a call from Brian today and stain and putty stick are on the way to me. Maybe if enough people ask, it will become a standard kit item.

I don't like bothering a service tech with minute details that I can fix if I have properly matching stain/putty. Too hard to match so best to get from HL directly. I think I pay closer attention to the small details than a tech would.

Techs have enough to do with items of higher priority; i.e., adjusting slides, straightening slide posts, installing w/d, installing full-size elongated commode, fender brackets, cyclone vent wheel, remote controlled air vent in bathroom, Traveler Ku-KA Directv satellite and hooking up surround sound to TVs, etc. Enough said?

We do have day/night shade installed in the hallway. Having reflective outside windows also provides additional privacy.:D