Solar Prep Package

danemayer

Hi delaurier67,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I expect you'll hear from other owners shortly on how the Solar Prep is set up.

LBR

What does Solar Prep Package mean? My 2016 T32 is pre-wired for solar so is there a port I can just plug into?
We were told it is the 20A plugin for portable panels and is curb side in front of propane door on our Cyclone being built.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The ones I've seen have a plug right by the switch for the front legs. You can plug a portable solar panel into it to charge your batteries. When I first herd of it,I thought it meant the wires were ran up to the roof like the satellite wires are. So you could mount your panels on the roof and plug them in. I haven't found that to be the case yet.

Last edited:

LBR

The ones I've seen have plug right by the switch for the front legs. You can plug a portable solar panel into it to charge your batteries. When I first herd of it,I thought it meant the wires were ran up to the roof like the satellite wires are. So you could mount your panels on the roof and plug them in. I haven't found that to be the case yet.
As did I, but asked dealer to verify with Heartland the true meaning of "solar prep" and found out it was the factory 20A plugin....just as well for me as if it actually was meant for truncated wires to roof area, chances are the wire gauge would not be large enough as I plan to put about 1K of panels on top.