Bicycle transporting

WmrWhite

How do you Landmark Owners that take bicycles with you transport them. I've not seen a receiver on the back of any Landmarks that we've looked at. Thanks for any and all feedback!

Last edited by a moderator:

lukeysh

How do you Landmark Owners that take bicycles with you transport them. I've not seen a receiver on the back of any Landmarks that we've looked at. Thanks for any and all feedback!

We have a Yakima roof rack on truck. Little bit of a pain, but solid and we can transport without RV.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VKTalley

We don't own a landmark but we carry our bikes inside in the living room area. We have a bike stand that fits perfectly between the two opposing sides.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you have basic mountain bikes, you can lay a clean plastic tarp (cheap at Harbor Freight) on the bed. Remove the front tires so the handle bars will lay flat and carry them on the bed to your next destination. We've done it that way, on occasion, even when we had the TT.

mytruc

I had a bike rack made from aluminum that mounts in the front post holes of the truck. I used brackets that locks the front of the bike if you have front removable wheels . We welded two plates on sides to hold back tire in place using straps to tie it down. Everything is completely out of the way for turns and easy to load. I use a 7/8 bolt to mount thru post hole in bed. I found someone to weld it up for less than a 100 dollars. Strong rack.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I had a bike rack made from aluminum that mounts in the front post holes of the truck. I used brackets that locks the front of the bike if you have front removable wheels . We welded two plates on sides to hold back tire in place using straps to tie it down. Everything is completely out of the way for turns and easy to load. I use a 7/8 bolt to mount thru post hole in bed. I found someone to weld it up for less than a 100 dollars. Strong rack.

Got any photos?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I had a custom 2" hitch made and welded it to the bottom of the frame. I use the Camping World bike rack that work great. I had to also make a new square tube from the hitch to the rack. I think it was 18" and I made a 31".
Watching it in the camera yesterday and it looked like everything is riding along perfectly back there.
This rack is really easy to mount and lock the bikes on. I also use a skins two bikes cover.

Bike rack
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/xc-hitch-or-bumper-mount-rack/49401
My hitch
https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=439083&viewfull=1#post439083
Skins cover
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000K1ARTS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

41fB8BQiHTL._SX300_.jpg

sengli

Even with a re-enforced hitch on the back of our big horn, we have had two failures where the bikes were dragging. The hitch didnt fail, the bike racks were bounced to death. Now I installed a 2" reciver style curt hitch on the front of the truck, and no more issue's..finally.

Attachments

• IMAG0272.jpg
    IMAG0272.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 59

stesmi52

Carried ours on the bed in our Bighorn, but switched to a ladder rack. When we returned from Arizona to Maine all the ladder supports were broken, so won't do that anymore! Now have a front mount receiver for my F350 and can relax.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had the slideout bumper/bike rack on our previous Heartland Trail Runner, but opted out on that feature withour our Prowler.

Haven't taken the bikes since we got the new trailer (a little over a year now) . . . still trying to figure that one out.

GregP

I too, have been trying to think of the best way to transport two bicycles on the road. I don't want to add a hitch to the rear of the Bighorn and have been considering adding a 2" receiver to the front of our TV. For those with experience in doing this; has it had any effect on engine or transmission temps?

My Landmark came with a 1.5 inch hitch. Had to find a rack for that and with a 2" adapter to put in my truck should we want to go biking elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk