Roof issues

sanbullet

I have a 2013 landmark during fall ,winter and spring mainly the roof Luan wood under the rubber roof buckles up about 1-2" but now that it is hot and summer the roof is nic and flat and I do regular roof maintance and there is no signs of leaks . As anybody ever heard of this I talk to the factory but they said if there is no leaks then just leave it .

mlpeloquin

Can you plug in when stored and use a dehumidifier? In the summer I will use several bags that absorb moisture and can bake them out to use again. In the winter it is much more humid and use "Dry Z Air". It is amazing how much water it pulls out of the air in the closed up fifth wheel.

I know it sounds counter intuitive, but leave a vents open. As the fifth wheel heats up with the sun on it the moist air will go out the vents. You may have to put vent covers on them to keep the weather out.

sanbullet

Is this the same problem you've been talking about for a year?
Yes it is last year it was buckled up all year the other day went on the roof and it was flat again . It's been in a storage lot for about 8 months it seems that it buckles from the humidity inside when we were living in it we always used exhaust fans and dehumidifers

kowAlski631

Yes it is last year it was buckled up all year the other day went on the roof and it was flat again . It's been in a storage lot for about 8 months it seems that it buckles from the humidity inside when we were living in it we always used exhaust fans and dehumidifers

You're storing in a low humidity area? We're confused by your issue. We travel for a couple of months at a time (and lived in our BH for a solid year) in all temperatures, weather, and humidity levels. We cook full meals (including pasta which means boiling water) and shower in our trailer. Mentioning high humidity activities because many people shower in campground facilities and don't boil water.

Don't understand how these activities would create a bowing in the roof at all. You're not getting any water intrusion at all?

mlpeloquin

I think you need to get on the roof and on your hands and knees. Check very closely using a tool around the edges of all the sealant used. Sealant can look good, but I have found that the bond can release and not show unless gently pushed and pulled up on. Make sure the seal is really good around the AC and the boot around the antenna. I had one with a small hairline crack that caused water intrusion in out last rig.

donr827

I have lived in South Florida for many years. I have never had a rv have that type of roof problem. My RVs were stored outside in the sun and high humidly. I think that the problem is something else.
Don