Wall Mount Television

Rick32040

New owner of a 28bh 5th wheel (09)and the media center is very small, noticed in other TT that there were slide on t.v. brackets for flat screens. Is there sufficient backing in the wall to put one there, (the bath is right behind this wall). Any help would be great. Thanks

Rick32040

We got it figured out.Thru the excitement of the new fifth wheel we jumped out there and ased ths question. After receivig it and spending a week in it I have answered my own question.

Take care all.

Rick32040

First of all we got a 22 inch and just placed it on the shelf and we just box it back up everytime we travel. But we did have the idea of just mounting the TV mount to the top by thru bolting it down in the open area left of the stereo. We just got the TV though so I might still opt for the latter.

Take care all.

ole dummy

I just asked a salesman that very question today about a 28RLS and he said as long as you fastened it to a stud you would be fine.

bobbyg123

I'm kind of leaning towards the temporary mount myself. Since we'll be storing our TT off site, I'll never leave any electronics in it to begin with. The temporary mount will also allow us to place the TV on the bar area and swivel it as we so choose, not to mention the fact that we can potentially purchase a slightly larger TV without having to worry about it pulling the mount off of a wall.

conveyman

I have a 24RL and had the same problem. So I screwed the base to the top were it is to sit and then used plumers tape to attach it to the wall in the back. Then I made a table that would fit in the opening where you attach the cables and I sit my DVD, VCR, or stattilite reciever on it. I have pictures on this site

Attachments

• RIM00002.JPG
    RIM00002.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 65
  • RIM00003.JPG
    RIM00003.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 63
  • RIM00004.JPG
    RIM00004.JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 66

jstanco

BBM Pop
TV Mounting

I have a 26 inch flat screen and have dealt with this mounting issue for over a year. I finally found a tv mount at WalMart (Sanus Model F18-Low Profile) that worked for me. With a 26 inch TV, there isn't a great deal of weight. This mount is small and is made to mount directly against a stud (in fact, it is very similar in width to the stud, so it works perfectly).

I just used #12 2-inch wood screws to mount it to the wall. The stud seems to be almost exactly centered on the entertainment wall. The mount just takes two of these screws. I also like it because there is a locking mechanism to keep the TV part from coming off the wall mount part.

Note-I would NOT travel with the TV in place, both for the TV's sake and the wall's sake. The mount does not keep the TV in an unmovable position. There is a tiny bit of play, so travelling would not be good. However, for just holding up the TV, this thing works great!