Line x roof material

sanbullet

I have a 2013 landmark and need a new roof I am looking into the line x material for the roof I know a few company's doing it I was just wondering if any buddy has used it for the roof and do you like it

mlpeloquin

Line X is a truck bed liner. i had my truck bed sprayed. It is also used for coating stairs. The stuff is fantastic and heavy. I would not put that kind of weight on the roof of a fifth wheel. The truck bed and under the rear fenders added almost 180 pounds. The stuff is almost indestructible but heavy. There is a liquid roof that is meant for RV roofs that I think has a lifetime guarantee against leaks. It is called FlexArmor. http://rvroof.com/

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I believe that Excel trailers offered a spray-on roof from their factory. It's been a few years since it was offered and they went under before they had very many produced so there may not be much feedback on them.

I asked one of the brand managers at Heartland (no longer works there) about it being offered and he said NO! apparently because of the weight.

travlingman

Excel did offer a roof coating, it was Rhino. They first came out and it had a lifetime warranty and they quickly changed it to I think 5 year. They also started saying it would help reduce interior temps in the summer, and changed to recommending that you have 2 AC's installed if you ordered this option as it actually increased the temp. It does add considerable weight compared to a rubber roof.

Lynn1130

I recall a thread on Line X roof material from awhile back. The weight is the deal killer but there was a "Myth Busters" episode on that material and as I recall 2lbs of C4 couldn't get through it.

mlpeloquin

I recall a thread on Line X roof material from awhile back. The weight is the deal killer but there was a "Myth Busters" episode on that material and as I recall 2lbs of C4 couldn't get through it.

I knew it was pertty tough stuff having it in my truck bed. They guaranteed that the liner was able to support the weight of my kingpin hitch and fifth wheel, but C4!

sanbullet

I checked on the weight and it would only add 200lbs spread over 320sq ft that is not to bad also when it dave it release chemicals and actually weighs less. It seems that it would be a one time roof and no more caulking or black marks on the side of trailer and they can match any Color

mlpeloquin

So long as they remove the vents, air conditioners, sky light in the bathroom, roof antenna, etc. And then put them back properly sealing them to the Stream X. Otherwise what a mess trying to have anything replaced. This stuff is really hard to penetrate. This is the same thing you would go through with a new rubber roof. It goes on hot an stays soft for a while. Asked me to not put anything in the truck bed for two days. Was dry and hard to the touch after a couple of hours though. They really need to mask everything well. A good thing is it does come in white. My truck bed is black.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
There is an interesting and informative post on the IRV2 post above from EXCELRVGuy, who is an ex employee of Excel RV's.

We (Peterson Industries) did offer the Rhino roof system for awhile. We had many issues with it. After that experience I swore I'd never offer a "miracle roof" again.

Then I stumbled onto "RV ARMOR". They had heard about our issues with Rhino and offered to install their roof over the top of any Rhino systems that we needed to replace. At first I wasn't at all interested, but the more I got to know the owner, Lee, I let him convince me to try one.

I was extremely impressed so he came out and trained us. We offered the RV Armor system until we went out of business.

If you are interested in it, they will actually come to wherever you are to install it. Your home, the campground you are staying, anywhere. It also has a fully transferrable lifetime warranty. If you have a leak, they will again come to wherever you are and make it right.

I can't say enough about RV Armor. It performed exactly as they said it would

Just my $.02
Bryan