New here and looking into a Wilderness 3250bs

MnvlMat

Hello all, my wife and I currently have a 2000 Fleetwood prowler 5th wheel, were looking to go travel trailer. I had to sell off my 3/4 ton pickup a few years back to get an excursion due to our growing family, which left me without my own tow pig. Fortunately my father has an ecoboost f150 capable of pulling the trailer but that can some times be a hassle, so we've decided on a travel trailer. It can be towed by any of the 3 vehicles available to us.
We've done plenty of searching and looking at floorplans and decided on at least a 2 slide bunkhouse. A recent trip to a almost local camping world introduced us to Heartland. There were found the Mallard m33 and the Wildness 3250bs. We looked them over and the 2 trailers are practically identical except for the capacity of the fresh water and the price, the Wilderness having higher water capacity and price. We decided we like the Wildness better because of the extra 20 gallons of water it holds and the exterior looks a tad more tasteful to us.
I can't to find much info about the trailers, like how they're constructed and whatnot. The website and brochure are very basic in describing these trailers. I know they are aluminum framed and laminated sides. Does anyone know more than that about them? Like details on the chassis, is the aluminum structure welded or bolted, hire do the laminate these things together. There's really no technical info out there.
Thanks for any help, I'm sure I'll have more questions to ask.
Matt.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Matt, welcome to this great forum and possibly a new Wilderness.
Have you looked at the Heartlandrs.com web site? There is a bunch of information there in the downloadable pdf for the Wilderness.
I have attached a copy of that pdf. I think page 6 has the information you are seeking.
I have also moved your thread into the Wilderness area.

Peace
Dave

Attachments

• 2016 WD 8pg Lit (1).pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 13

MnvlMat

Thanks for moving this, I totally missed the memo on the wilderness section.
That download is the same as the paper brochure I got from camping world. I'm looking for more technical info. I like to know how things are put together, what they're made of ect.

justafordguy

I've always had a hard time finding that sort of info online. I bet you could call Heartland and get the info from them. They have always been very helpful when I've called.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Call HL and ask for the Wilderness brand manager. Be he could answer all your questions.

MnvlMat

Thanks for the replies, our minds are made up on the wilderness. Now have to decide when the right time buy is. We're on the fence about trading ours in if we get the right deal or selling it then going to Hersey to see what kind of deal we can get. All in due time I suppose.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just thought I'd mention that Prowler is now a Heartland product.

They make both bumper pull and 5th-wheelers.

ProwlerLogo-P1000373.jpg

MnvlMat

We looked at a prowler, we weren't too crazy about them. We looked the wilderness floorplan and decor better.