Camper shed

TBONE21

Hey everyone. I just bought a road warrior 413. I am wanting to keep it under a shed or covered up so the sun doesn't beat it up. So far I have found some metal sheds for 6 grand. Are there any other options for it? What is everyone else doing to put their camper under a shed?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Building a pole barn for my new Sundance. 20 x 40 x 14...haven't decided if I want a metal roof or if I will go with the new fabric material that lasts 20 years. You see them all over on the military bases. The kit for the fabric, poles and fabric cable is only $7900. All metal for the pole barn and roof is $7000.

avvidclif

My RV Port was installed up for abt $4600. It is 18x45 with 12' sidewalls. With the peaked roof it clears a 13'6" tall RV with no problem. I had them upgrade the supports and metal roofing to heavier gauge metal. It faces due North and the west side has a 4' wall. It is surrounded by trees so I didn't need full height walls. The east side faces the house. It was put on an existing slab.

Attachments

• IMG_0524 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0524 (Medium).JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_0439 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0439 (Medium).JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 228

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Clif:
That looks nice, was this a kit? I was looking at large 4x4 metal posts in 3x3x3 footers. I thought about the lighter metal but worried about the wind load...we can get high winds and we have had micro bursts up to 90 mph...The west side of this future project will be protected by the barn so I am going to think about fabric on the east side only.
I haven't started the project yet as I am still searching prices.

DaveTyler

Cliff, That really looks good. Don't remember that at Quanah? Are you going to Alpine? Dave Tyler, in real West Texas.

avvidclif

http://www.winslowsinc.com/

This is where it came from but it won't help much in NC. The price I paid was an installed at my site price. It's hard to see but there is a 5' wide opening toward the back on each side with no floor piece. I have a storage building on the other side with a ramp and wanted access with a 2 wheeler without a hump. I went with 12' walls as above that gets very pricey and it worked out well. As I said I went with the heavier uprights, 12ga, and heavier roof material. At 18' wide I can shade the RV to the slide side and have plenty of room on the other and still get the slides out. If you want on the roof you have to crawl but it can be done.

The roof is 26ga and the installed price, tax and all, was $4653

I couldn't figure out how to get it to Quanah..... Until summer of 2018 my travel schedule is on a month by month basis due to Millie's commitment to the VFW. I never know what she is going to do.

jbeletti

Great thread and timely for me! Gregg W, our CO chapter leader and I were chatting tonight and he asked me if I'd seen this thread. I am planning on having a 17'x72' (16' sides) pole barn built to cover my truck and RV. This will get me a 16' wide interior floor. I am leaving the front open, sheeting the north side all the way to the bottom and the south side (close to the house and the door side) 6' down (leaving 10' open to the bottom). The back will be sheeted all the way down.

Due to being so close to my house and up against an AC unit and a large basement egress window well, I did not want to go putting in a stem wall - just too invasive for a sensitive area. So I am opting for a pole barn style. It will use a pier foundation with glue-lam posts going into the concrete piers.

Though I am in an unincorporated area of El Paso county (Colorado), the codes are the same as in an incorporated city in this county. So, engineered and sealed plans for the foundation and the building (another $1200).

Installed - I'm looking at $17k for the building, $1200 for engineering and $500 for permits. Plus whatever it will cost to do a zoning variance for side-yard setback (did I say Ugh! yet?). Oh - plus the flat work at about $6 per square foot. Gonna be some bucks!

Here' a rendering...
RV Shelter Rendering.jpg

Mburtsvt

I’m glad to see solutions for storing our RV’s. I am getting mine done this month. It’s 30’ by 50’ - 14 feet tall, (total 19’ feet to the peak). It’s more of a garagedom, as my wife would call it.

TBONE21

I’m glad to see solutions for storing our RV’s. I am getting mine done this month. It’s 30’ by 50’ - 14 feet tall, (total 19’ feet to the peak). It’s more of a garagedom, as my wife would call it.

Do you mind telling how much you have for it?

DaveTyler

Really very beautiful!! Just had George Speir visit for few days on his way to Ruidoso. Waiting on Bob Curry in few days. Cheap labor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richheck

Seasoned Member
image.jpg

Just finishing up on ours, 24 by 48 with 14 ft tall opening. Will finish with front sliding door 14 ft wide by 14 ft tall. Back will have 12 by 12 sliding for air and a 3 by 7 man door

image.jpgimage.jpg

jbeletti

Just finishing up on ours, 24 by 48 with 14 ft tall opening. Will finish with front sliding door 14 ft wide by 14 ft tall. Back will have 12 by 12 sliding for air and a 3 by 7 man door

Nice looking RV shelter Rick! Did you put that on a stem wall? Was that a code requirement where you are?

richheck

Seasoned Member
Yes Jim, put it on stem walls, bottom of stem is 12 by 12 with 6 by 8 riser. Total of 18 tall with rebar throughout. Just poured front and back stem walls, both 6 in wide by 12 deep reinforced also being the walls are 14 ft tall. Want it to be the last one I build. Hopefully this will allow the new Arlington to last a long time. Jerrod has been over to see it and was pleased. I'm looking forward on meeting you in the near future, how did your Calistoga plans go?