ResistAll Protective Coating

dick12444

Wilkins RV is offering this ResistAll Protective Coating for my new Big Country. They claim it has a five year warranty. Has anyone had any experience with this product.

jimtoo

I would be very leery of it. It is probably a very high cost to you and a product they spray on in about 30 min,,, then you are required to bring it back every year for an inspection and checkup for repairs at another high cost.

Same thing that is or was used in the car sales industry.

Jim M

richheck

Seasoned Member
It depends upon what you are paying for and how much. If the service include you to taking the coach in for an exterior wash so many times a year for the 5 year period, my not be a bad deal considering how much it costs to clean. Here in central California there used to be a dealer that offered such a plan. Exterior protection and unlimited exterior washings included. Dealer no longer in business, but back then it was a great deal if you were located close by.

Presently I pay $80.00 to have a service come to my residence and wash the coach roof included, $280.00 additional to hand wax, totaling $360.00 so I give them a $40.00 tip to round out to $400.00. Being my coach is enclosed from the elements, I don't have to wax that often.

Lynn1130

Dealer no longer in business

That is always a worry.

The feedback that I could find on this "coating" was not good overall. You are better off spending the money every year for a good wash and Rejex treatment.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The products costs about $10. Those warranties will cover nothing. They will weasel out of paying anything. Don't bite on it......it makes the dealer over a $1000. or more. The inside stuff is nothing more than Scots guard in a spray can.

justafordguy

My dealer suckered me into that stuff. Nothing but a scam, almost a grand and they didn't even wash my trailer before they applied it. :p

mlpeloquin

My dealer offered it and a one year Thousand trails membership with a five year extended warranty with a reduced interest rate to make the payment the same. The interest rate was 3/4% lower then on I could have gotten outside the dealership. So I did it. Needless to say the coating is worthless, and I knew it. The extended warranty well ththththhh. The Thousand Trails membership we continue to enjoy. The payment and term is the same so....