Using camper during cooler weather

Needing some input from my fellow Heartlanders.

I live in North Carolina and have always winterized my RV's around the first of November. We usually have temps below freezing some nights from then through mid March. Many people use their campers for the Thanksgiving holiday and New Year's. I have always been reluctant to use mine during the winter because it has been winterized. What do others do? Just winterize it again?

Thanks for your responses.

danemayer

If you use compressed air and just use antifreeze in the p-traps, it's not a big deal to winterize more than once.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We also used to blow the lines out and put a little pinky in the drains. Never had any problems doing this in eastern TN area.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
When we used our ElkRidge for vacationing, in Texas, we are just far enough North to get some freezing temps regularly during the winter, so we winterized with RV antifreeze and blowing out lines as needed. We like to go skiing with our rig, so we'd tow to the campground winterized, un-winterize it and set up. Then, going home, we'd rewinterize when we got home, or if it was freezing the entire time, rewinterize before we left. It only takes about 15-20 min to do.

Erika

Thanks for your suggestions. I have never used air to blow out the lines. Does anyone have a link to a page that would give details on how to do it? Thanks

mlpeloquin

Drain your water heater and connect a Blowout Plug with a compressor quick connect to your water inlet. You must use a compressor with a regulator and do not have anymore that 35 PSI. It is safer for you water system and you don't need any more to do the job. Let it run until the pressure builds up and turn on one faucet at a time till the line to it is purged. Remember to do the washer prep faucets as well and the toilet valve. When finished disconnect the compressor and open the water heater safety valve to quickly release the pressure from the system. Use a Blowout Plug such as the one below.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/23529548?...75035&wl11=online&wl12=23529548&wl13=&veh=sem
or
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Camco-Bl...gclid=CN6akJiJoc4CFU1ufgodPwcEvw&gclsrc=aw.ds