I need to hang a mirror in the garage of my 305 rw

heynow999

HI All

I need to hang a fairly large mirror in the garage of my 2010 305 rw. It is too big to hang with any type of velco. I need to find a stud and and get a screw firmly into it. I was making test holes with a small drill all across the area where I want the mirror and I cant find anything. I tried over about a 25" area. This is the outside wall on the drivers side just to the rear of the sliding door. There has to be a frame member somewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:

jimtoo

Hi heynow999,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other Road Warrior owners will jump in soon with some help for you. If you have a stud finder that should give you locations of frame work also.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Sniper

Does your 305 have diamond plate along the bottom of the wall? If so find the screws used to mount the plate to the wall, and go straight up, that should be a stud. Hope this helps, and good luck. :)

heynow999

Yes I tried that, I drilled a test hole about 1 1/2" deep into the screw hole that holds the diamond plate up. The screw is only about 1" so I went a bit deeper. There is nothing there. Im really confused. Its as if there is no framework in the walls. Im going to try calling tech help at Heartland tomorrow. Ill post any information.

Thanks

porthole

Retired
Warm days-cool mornings. Get up early and look for the dew lines on the trailer.
You will be able to see the entire aluminum structure on the outside walls.

Be prepared with a camera (difficult to get pictures of) and some blue tape.

When you see the framework start marking it with blue tape pieces, then take some pictures and measurements.

This will give you an idea of where to look inside (hint: look at the window frames and measure pout form there)

The aluminum is thin, so you have to be careful with your drilling and screwing. Self tappers seem to work best, as long as you don't get to rammy driving them in.