ATF: Mallard - tv antenna booster light

I am trying to understand the button where you plug into the tv cable antenna. my button will either have no light or color and have very limited channels that I can get. then I tried pushing it in and I get a few more channels, but the light is RED. red to me means its not working ??? there are two national channels that I can see, but don't stay connected and I lose signal nbc and cbs should the light be green? maybe my booster is not working to full capacity? and my antenna on the roof is fixed...can not raise it up or down like some other models.
please help,. want to be able to see the Olympics on nbc starting Friday. ty.

jimtoo

HI 84spangler,

The booster is on when red light is on and off when no light is on. Turn it on and rotate antenna to get best picture. You will need to have TV scan channels also to maybe get more channels.

Jim M

ATF: Mallard - round roof top antennas

I have a 2016 mallard m29 my antenna is fixed on the roof, round in shape and I have no controls inside is there a way to move or "direct" the signal to pickup more channels or are these fixed and I only get what I get. can t get nbc and want to watch the Olympics thank you in advance

Re: ATF: Mallard - round roof top antennas

I have a 2016 mallard m29 my antenna is fixed on the roof, round in shape and I have no controls inside is there a way to move or "direct" the signal to pickup more channels or are these fixed and I only get what I get. can t get nbc and want to watch the Olympics thank you in advance
I have the same antenna on my 30rkdd and my understanding is that there is no adjustments. It is a multidirectional antenna. We pick up no channels on ours but we are to far away from the stations. I believe the distance is 25-30 miles. Trees and buildings also come into play. If you are not getting anything you might want to check all connections making sure they are tight..I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will help....jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

The antenna that you have is an omnidirectional antennal, meaning it picks up a signal from all directions.
Therefor it is fixed.

Peace
Dave

justafordguy

The antenna that you have is an omnidirectional antennal, meaning it picks up a signal from all directions.
Therefor it is fixed.

Peace
Dave

Omnidirectional may mean all directions but in my experience they actually work in no direction. ;)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Guess you'll have to rotate the whole RV. LOL

Red light on is for OTA TV antenna, Red light off is for Cable TV

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Guess those omni-directional TV antennas are not all they are cracked up to be.

I have a King/Jack Plus and purchased a signal meter which shows me where the TV signal is coming from to aim the antenna, and purchased a TV antenna APP for my cell phone that tells me where the TV stations are.